Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2008, 14:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Yup, agree to what iraghava says. Surprised at that. 1 inch is quite some difference. Did you feel it when you sat inside the car? Lets hope its something minor. You need to take it to the dealer definitely.
Old 5th February 2008, 16:37   #17
BHPian

buddy you have a damn honda civic not a maruti anything , forget what everyone has told you just take it ASAP to the honda dealer you bought it from and let them deal with it.
let us know how that works out.
give them hell man
Old 5th February 2008, 16:48   #18
BHPian

I am surprised how so many people have related this to an allignment issue. The only allignment issue that can cause this is a very high negetive camber, which I am sure the member must have noticed.

This is to do with ride height. Yes things like tyre pressure (already ruled out ), a busted shock absorber are things that should be looked into. Dont waste your time on allignment related issues.

Hope the problem gets sorted soon. All the best.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
This is to do with ride height. Yes things like tyre pressure (already ruled out ), a busted shock absorber are things that should be looked into. Dont waste your time on allignment related issues.

Hope the problem gets sorted soon. All the best.
I agree with what Sideways is saying here, this seems to be some problem with the suspension on the end which is lower, you need to get this checked asap.

Also, I'm sorry but my advice in my last post was wrong & I didn't read your post properly which led me to assume that you car tracking to the right rather than a physical slant.
Old 5th February 2008, 17:20   #20
Team-BHP Support

Check your suspension and shockies, dont go by feel, take it to a dealer and show them the diff in height.

It can be as simple as a missing rubber spacer or likes, be nice and explain and demo the problem clearly.

Keep us posted
Old 5th February 2008, 20:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

This does not look like an alignment issue at all. If it was you would note the abnormality seeing the wheel, but going the fact that you are knowledgeable enough to check the tyre pressures first, you would have noted a slanted wheel. (on a different note: I think you already checked the loading on the car, if there are heavy objects sitting on one side etc)

This could be anything from broken spring to busted shocks, but definitely in the suspension. Get it checked ASAP at the workshop. The car is too new for you to troubleshoot this yourself.

Let us know soon.

Last edited by 1100D : 5th February 2008 at 20:27.
Old 6th February 2008, 10:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

hey are the profile of every tyre the same-jokes apart.what did the A.S.S. guy say.
Old 6th February 2008, 12:18   #23
BANNED

I just came back from the dealer's service station, and this issue is surprisingly expected. It seems its a design

Along with Service advisor, I checked 3 Civic (2 brand new, and one 2007 model) and all had this difference in height. It is about 2cm. Right hand side is lower that left hand side by 2cm. One possibility is that you have silencer on the right hand side, which is causing the spring to go down. We all know civic got a soft suspension.

All Civic owner, please check this. I am planning to write to Honda about this expected issue.
Old 6th February 2008, 15:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Thats news !! I certainly am suprised by that. Anyways tell me how did you find out this issue in the first place. When you were sitting inside the car or when you looked at the car from an angle? Your observation powers are indeed too good coz none on this board, including yours truly, have spotted this.
Old 6th February 2008, 20:47   #25
BANNED

I noticed this while I was admiring the jet like tail lamps .

Did you check this with your Civic. Try measuring the high from the ground to lower portion of rear wheel arch. Need to be very accurate it measurement as difference is only about 2cm.
Old 6th February 2008, 20:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thats interesting, but do other cars as well display the same trait when new?. On a low-end passenger car usually weight balancing is not usually given much precedence but that causing the car to sag by 1 inch on one side is like having an extra person on one side.

Add to it that the driver will be on the right side and it will sag further.

Or is it that the additional weighting on the right side is to counter the drivers weight on a left-hand drive car. The directions have not been reversed in making it into a RHD.
Old 7th February 2008, 10:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I just came back from the dealer's service station, and this issue is surprisingly expected. It seems its a design
That is truly hard, nay, impossible, to believe!
The same design logic must then apply to other models and indeed to cars from other makers. Does it?
Old 7th February 2008, 11:13   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
That is truly hard, nay, impossible, to believe!
The same design logic must then apply to other models and indeed to cars from other makers. Does it?
In software world we often tell a bug as a design. I guess this issue is also something similar. But I would expect to see atleast one more BHPian confirming this issue.

I have noticed one more issue, steering is more harder when you turn it left compared to turn it right. I just need to create an instrument to prove this. This could be because of above mentioned slope towards right.
Old 7th February 2008, 11:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I just need to create an instrument to prove this. This could be because of above mentioned slope towards right.
LOL, there is no reason NOT to believe what you say!
Be advised that there are situations where the BEST measurement is by one of our famous five senses. Smoothness of a crankpin or journal of a crankshaft is invariably 'measured' by a) feeling with a finger-tip and b) un-aided visual examination. You'd be surprised how accurate/adequate our senses can be!
Old 7th February 2008, 11:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

If it is design parameter, then you cannot do anything. If all Civics have this, then why complain. You have not mentioned as to whether it is affecting your driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks