Team-BHP - Body Colored bumper - Black?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Body Colored bumper - Black? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/35424-body-colored-bumper-black.html)

Hello,

The default bumper provided by most manufacturer is black color. The higher end versions have body colored bumper.
But if I plan to buy a higher end version in black colour, will the manufacturer provide the default bumper or will it be a "special" black color bumper.
In other words, is a body colored black bumper same as default black bumper or is there something special about it?

-r

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramv (Post 719156)
is there something special about it?

-r

The special part is that it is painted in Black :)

So will I be losing on "real" body coloured bumpers if I opt for a black car? Will the manufacturer just fit in an regular bumper for the high end version?

-r

Nope! black cars will have black painted bumpers. So the base version will be having a kind of matte effect whereas, the painted top end version will have a glossy effect to it!

I think body colored bumpers are too hard to maintain, and prefer regular black bumpers. I also think the new badge yellow finish inside cars now a days will be tough to maintain, prefer the old black finish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 719473)
I think body colored bumpers are too hard to maintain, and prefer regular black bumpers. I also think the new badge yellow finish inside cars now a days will be tough to maintain, prefer the old black finish.

yes quite agree with your comments, few days back i was thinking the same. I am not sure whether a i10 customer has choice to select between the badge and black color of dashboard.

Perhaps badge color interiors is only best suitated for European countries where the dust level is quite low.

Amit

Beige? How about closing the windows & driving? Why do you want to breath dust?
Quote:

Originally Posted by amitpunjani (Post 719691)
Perhaps badge color interiors is only best suitated for European countries where the dust level is quite low.

If you like your bumpers to be naturally black, you can always order new bumpers from the service centre and ask the guys not to paint them.

Most OEM Bumpers are Black which are then sprayed with Primer( which is white,offwhite,grey) and then with layers of paint- that bring that Special Body coloured bumper.

Re-painting a black standard bumper does not always guarantee the same finish and quality as body coloured one directly from the plant.

The default bumper is known as matte finish. I also prefer the matte finish over the body coloured bumpers.

Under request you could ask them to give the bumper as matte finish, and not with the body colour if you like so.

cya
A

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmanaman (Post 719473)
I also think the new badge yellow finish inside cars now a days will be tough to maintain, prefer the old black finish.

The beige plastic(dashboard and door panels) surprisingly do not look dirty even if coated with a fine layer of dust because the colours match.I have experienced this.The same is true for the seats as well.The only catch is that the slightest grease or oil will spoil the beige upholstery and make the car look like an Ugly Duckling !!!!!

Black bumpers and grey interiors are the practical choice if you want to spent less money on scratches and less time on cleaning ! I just spent Rs.600/- yesterday just to clear a small dent on my body-coloured-bumper (its on a Maruti, imagine the cost if it was any other brand ). In a city like bangalore, dents on the bumper is a daily chance (thanks to bumper to bumper traffic !!)

The matt black (default, as you called it) bumpers are defintely much easier to maintain. Body coloured black bumpers are prone to the scratches and scrapes that are inevitable on our roads... I have 2 black cars with body colour bumpers so have some decent experience on this subject...lol!
But there's something about having bumpers having the same gleam as the rest of your car... scores over a matt bumper any day!
So take your pick - easy to maintain vs easy on the eye :)