Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does your Swift rattle?
Yes 205 78.24%
No 57 21.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 01:37   #166
BHPian

My Swift VDI ABS 2015 model has done exactly 9244 km as of today, from the past two weeks I have noticed that under hard acceleration and above 3300 rpm in second gear, there is a lot of rattling noise coming from front right side of the engine bay. this problem didn't existed before but now there is definitely something loose or wrong in the engine bay. I will get it checked next week during the first service of the car. i will post if the problem has been rectified by dealer or not. has anyone else got any issue like this under hard acceleration ?
Old 30th November 2017, 18:49   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Does your Swift rattle?

Just reviving this thread. Given that the 2018 Swift would be based on the Baleno Platform - can we expect it to be rattle-free?
Old 3rd December 2017, 22:34   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Just reviving this thread. Given that the 2018 Swift would be based on the Baleno Platform - can we expect it to be rattle-free?
Same platform has nothing to do with how interior plastics of two cars are put together. Even Baleno rattles to some extent. A lot has to do with how cars are driven. Driving fast over speed humps can cause problems for sure in any car. However, any cars can be made rattle proof with some technical skills. My Swift and Honda were both rattle free even after several years.

Last edited by aerohit : 3rd December 2017 at 22:37.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 19:05   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
We have a March '07 Zxi, done 7500kms and there is not a single rattle anywhere. Given the huge number of rattling complaints with the Swift, I think we might have been just plain lucky. Hope it remains this way.
An update after ~10years.

We still have the Swift and it hasn't had any rattles till date. Just our luck, I guess.
supremeBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 19:26   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Same platform has nothing to do with how interior plastics of two cars are put together. Even Baleno rattles to some extent. A lot has to do with how cars are driven. Driving fast over speed humps can cause problems for sure in any car. However, any cars can be made rattle proof with some technical skills. My Swift and Honda were both rattle free even after several years.
I beg to differ here! We had a VW polo after first gen swift, and I am sure Polo almost no rattles after 1L km(around 98k to be precise). We had a first gen swift too, which started rattling after few thousand km!

Right now, my second gen swift is almost nearing 40k km, and is rattle free, even after being carefully driven(only self driven car till now), we had to tighten few bolts here and there to keep the rattles away.

Other aspects of ownership are completely different, completely in love with my swift
Old 14th January 2018, 08:12   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I beg to differ here!....
I second that. For the first couple of years my Swift was rattle free. With age, it has developed some rattles now. Although I love the ride, the tiny rattles that pop up from the interiors is irritating.
Old 27th April 2020, 22:24   #172
BHPian

I couldn't find the answer anywhere and the rattling noise in my swift Dzire is just killing me! so, I am posting in this old thread.

Does anyone know how to open/detach the passenger side cup holder? (I have also attached the picture)

The rattling noise from it has been troubling me since long time. But since last 1 month, is has increased and because it's a lockdown situation, I cant go to any mechanic. Daily drive of 80km with 'kutrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' sound is driving me crazy!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Does your Swift rattle?-img_20140716_143211.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2020, 13:38   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbhavesh View Post
Does anyone know how to open/detach the passenger side cup holder? (I have also attached the picture)
Have you tried insulation tape+sponge packing as a jugaad till you get it repaired?
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 08:37   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Have you tried insulation tape+sponge packing as a jugaad till you get it repaired?
Hi whitewing, thank you for replying. I tried foam tape and regular sellotape multiple times and also used fevibond to seal it permanently but nothing seemed to be working. some amount of noise always kept coming.

Day after posting here, i spent about an hour understanding from where exactly the rattle was coming. The cup holder had little bit of a play even after pushing it inside and wasn't completely immobile. so, I wrapped every part possible of the cup holder with sellotape and somehow managed to push it back. This has fixed the mobility and the rattle is gone like 90%.

About removing the cup holder, i googled a little and found similar type of cup holders in other cars. In them, to remove the cup holder, one need to remove the whole dashboard.!
Drbhavesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks