Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does your Swift rattle?
Yes 205 78.24%
No 57 21.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 00:58   #76
BANNED

@Nikhil.
I would suggest you a proper damping job with some good noise eliminators, foam, sponge etc.. Screwing up certain parts also helps a lot.
We had spent something close to 10k in damping our Swift about a year ago, but I reckon it is still wurth it.
Old 9th August 2008, 02:43   #77
BHPian

Thanks speedzak, will try it, if i get enough vitamin M! But as of now, i am really annoyed with the car and maruti A.S.S!
The build quality of swift, is really pathetic! and the worst part is that maruti still does not have a solution to the rattling problem, almost 3 years after the launch of the car.
Old 9th August 2008, 04:44   #78
BANNED

Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
But as of now, i am really annoyed with the car and maruti A.S.S!
SELL IT OFF NA!

Thinking seriously, if one is really annoyed with the car and it's A.S.S, then it makes no sense to keep hanging with it unless he is not able to sell it. In swift's case, the resale value isn't that bad and you can achieve some good amount and buy the car of your choice.

But Maruti, afterall should look into the rattling problem. I agree. What's the root cause of it? Manufacturing process or raw materials used?
Old 9th August 2008, 16:24   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thinking seriously, if one is really annoyed with the car and it's A.S.S, then it makes no sense to keep hanging with it unless he is not able to sell it.
An alternate service center or competent private garage would surely be a better solution?
Old 9th August 2008, 16:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

I agree with GTO. Most Maruti A.S.S nowadays know how to fix rattling, at least temporarily. You can get rid of them by asking the A.S.S guys to fix rattling in every service. The fix is good enough to last for the period between two services.
Old 9th August 2008, 16:56   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Initially when i bought my swift the rear door and trunk panels were rattling but after fixing them ive never had any issues about rattling despite 16 inch rims and quite a lot of abuse.
Old 9th August 2008, 17:21   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been lucky. About 14 months now, and no rattles.

Only about 6,000km, though --- but then some have had rattles from the start.
Old 9th August 2008, 23:16   #83
BHPian

Selling it off is my last option! I dont think, my parents will understand the idea of selling a brand new car, no matter whatever
the problem may be. And since they rarely use the car, they dont really know the seriousness of the problem!

As GTO said, for the next service, i will try an alternate service center.

It would be helpful if anyone can suggest me a good service center ( other than Indus ) or a private garage in Trivandrum.
Old 9th August 2008, 23:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@Nikhil.
I would suggest you a proper damping job with some good noise eliminators, foam, sponge etc.. Screwing up certain parts also helps a lot.
We had spent something close to 10k in damping our Swift about a year ago, but I reckon it is still wurth it.
@speedzak ur right!!!!! damping is the only choice!! damped all 4doors and the boot with noise kill and all sorts of sponge and stuff!! its kind of solid, not even a tuff bass could rattle it!!! no vibrations anywhere while riding through these dirty pothholes in trivandruM!!!
Old 10th August 2008, 15:13   #85
BHPian

Guys, found the culprit! it was the rear seat clamps. they were all deformed and the metal clip in the seat was rubbing against the floor. Covered the clips with 2 layers of double side tape and went for a small drive. The irritating sound is gone. But there are still some minor rattles coming from the front doors. I removed the doors today and i think it is the loose plastic clip that are making the rattles. will get them changed tomorrow and update.
Old 10th August 2008, 15:13   #86
BHPian

Guys, found the culprit! it was the rear seat clamps. they were all deformed and the metal clip in the seat was rubbing against the floor.
Covered the clips with 2 layers of double side tape and went for a small drive. The irritating sound is gone. But there are still some minor
rattles coming from the front doors. I removed the doors today and i think it is the loose plastic clip that are making the rattles. will get
them changed tomorrow and update.

Mods: sorry for the double post, please delete the above post.

Last edited by nikhilv12 : 10th August 2008 at 15:15.
Old 31st August 2008, 08:07   #87
BHPian

Hi,
where can I get damping done in Trivandrum or Cochin? speedzak, joe angelo, could you guys please help?

~Manoj
Old 11th September 2008, 00:26   #88
BHPian

May 2006 Zxi. Rattled from day one. The plastic padding on the hatch door was the culprit. Got that sorted out at Vitesse using a lot of foam and double sided tape. Now getting a creak/rattle from left side, rear. Cannot identify the problem. Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Old 11th September 2008, 00:39   #89
BHPian

Mine too rattled from day one. Fixed hatch door. Parcel tray could be culprit. Yet to fix mine. Also put some tape on the rear seat clips.
Old 11th September 2008, 00:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

hmm so swift and rattling have become synonymous, with so may swifts rattling around man this has only strengthened my impression on maruthi as one of the most kanjoos car makers.

at the end of the day this is a premium hatch and what the hell 9/10 swifts rattle to glory???

this is way too much, hyundai and others should seriously consider a good premium hatch to teach maruti a few things.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks