Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Does your Swift rattle?
Yes 205 78.24%
No 57 21.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2008, 01:14   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
at the end of the day this is a premium hatch
No, I don't think the word premium comes into it at all.

It is very good value for money, and it made the world sit up and take notice of Suzuki.

But 'premium' doesn't come at that price. I think it is unfair to expect it.

Although its price level, I would say, is reflected in a lot of its build, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect it not to rattle.

I'm sure there are cheaper cars that are simply screwed together properly.
Old 11th September 2008, 10:19   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes Guvnor! The swift though is properly simply screwed ?

Iv got a lot of rattles seting in again. I didnt bother having them attack it at my 5k service. Seats are a culprit as they are creaking and then also my DIY damping is suspect. Damping was more for insulation and less for rattles but now will need to address the rattles when time permits (almost never).
Old 11th September 2008, 10:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

My swift has started rattling again. the 1st rattle had been solved. After 3 months i get a rattle from front left door. Pretty annoying. Though the only solution i have for time being is increase the volume in my HU. Hopefully it gets solved soon!!
Old 11th September 2008, 22:35   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
No, I don't think the word premium comes into it at all.

It is very good value for money, and it made the world sit up and take notice of Suzuki.

But 'premium' doesn't come at that price. I think it is unfair to expect it.

Although its price level, I would say, is reflected in a lot of its build, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect it not to rattle.

dude so premium hatch is fabia alone then???

i think people pay around 6lacs+ OTR price + the premium at showrooms to get this car on time, the petrol version the top model too, so if thats not called a premium hatch then may be then can happily release a RATTLE free variant and charge a couple of 10grands more for it, people will surely be very happy to pay for it.

well no offense but can you please tell me what are the premium hatches in India???
Old 11th September 2008, 23:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

can some one post the pics of the 1.3L swift 3door hatch of the euros??? that would let us compare the prices here and see if this is not the premium hatch after all?

i just searched and could not find the prices any where its all EMis and please do this and lets compare.

i know this is OT but is completely related in a way.

EDIT: dont we get a nice sedan for almost a lac below that price??? the hyundai accent???

Last edited by rider60 : 11th September 2008 at 23:10.
Old 12th September 2008, 13:02   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
My swift has started rattling again. the 1st rattle had been solved. After 3 months i get a rattle from front left door. Pretty annoying. Though the only solution i have for time being is increase the volume in my HU. Hopefully it gets solved soon!!
It could be the seatbelt of the passenger seat that is banging against the B pillar. I got some sounds from the left side on my Fiesta, and my wife in the rear seat promptly identified the cause.
Old 12th September 2008, 18:38   #97
BHPian

Mine is Swift ZXI'08, Till date no rattling problem.Going for 5000kms drive in month oct, will let you all know if it starts rattling
Old 12th September 2008, 23:55   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
well no offense but can you please tell me what are the premium hatches in India???
That will have to wait, I guess, until India gets over it's poor view of the hatchback, and its market is prepared to start buying them.

Fabia? Maybe, it's a start, but it would have to higher-end than currently available.

VW Golf might be the time to start talking 'premium' hatch back.

Until there are some available, no; I can't tell you.

'Best available' does not equal 'Premium' --- or not in my dictionary, anyway; I don't believe in making life that easy for the marketing men!
Old 13th September 2008, 11:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It could be the seatbelt of the passenger seat that is banging against the B pillar. I got some sounds from the left side on my Fiesta, and my wife in the rear seat promptly identified the cause.
The rattling is behind silver garnish near near the left front door opener.
Hope it gets solved when i give it for service.

Quote:
but can you please tell me what are the premium hatches in India???
Rider, I guess we going OT here. But as Thad mentioned i dont think Swift is in the premium hatchbacks. I guess Fabia, to be launched Polo, Honda Jazz might fit that tag.
Old 13th September 2008, 23:45   #100
BHPian

all swifts rattle

hi all,

my swift is very new. and i still feel that it makes a rattling noise when the door is being closed. plus i think the doors rattle while music is playing loudly.... ill have to get that checked.
Old 14th September 2008, 03:18   #101
Senior - BHPian

rider: truly, only the SRV.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:31   #102

Swift Vxi - Sept 2007.

Mine started rattling within a week's time. I have done 8k and after 3rd service from KAP Ghaziabad, rattles have subdued a lot. However I am still able to hear minor "creek" sounds from rear-left door.
Old 24th September 2008, 12:49   #103
BHPian

Me too

I have a March 2007 Swift Vxi and the doors and the hatch rattles. That is the only noise I have in the car and it is very irritating. It is more near the rear left and right side of the car.
I went to Pratham Motors today for them to have a look. They said that the doors were not greased and that there was a loose bush in the C pillar and that they have taken care of it. Added to that was a disclaimer: "There would still be some very normal rattling that is induced with age"
I could see some improvement while driving back home, as in, the doors were not rattling unless I went over a rough patch on the road. But there was still some rattle coming from, what I think, is the hatch. That stopped by the time I came back home. I guess I will have to consciously watch out for rattles for a few more days to see if there is indeed any improvement.

I have got a question. I went through this thread and realised that a lot of you have had some dampening done to the doors to take care of this problem. I am guessing this is different from the "ICE Dampening". Do you know of any place in Bangalore where I can get this done?
Old 17th December 2008, 20:30   #104
BHPian

Oct '06 Vxi. Left Front Door, Left Rear Door, Right Rear Door, Left Rear Seat rattles. Disappear for 500Km after servicing, promptly come back.

To my annoyance, my neighbour's 5 yr old Santro doesn't rattle on the same roads. I dont think the Swift should rattle as much for its not-so-low asking price.
Old 18th December 2008, 21:59   #105

Swift VDI, 4 monts old, done 3000km does not rattle.
But looks like it has forgotten the kick it used to give me at around 2k rpm in second gear. Any suggestion to get back that feel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks