Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 17:23   #1
BHPian

strange experience from Access Hyundai.Need experts guidance

hello all,

last week i gave my getz for body work to remove scrathes near rear door.Apart from the body work to be done i never told them about any other complaints in the vehicle. While receiving the vehicle after body work the service advisor told that there was some problem detected in the fuel pump and it has been replaced(under warranty). I have already told them during my 1st and 2nd free service about the lag in pick up when moving up from 2nd to 3rd gear. This was not rectified after repeated pleas and i decided not to talk anymore to the service persons about this.But strangely the person from body shop dept. has ended up changing the fuel pump even when there is no complaint given from my side. What are these guys trying to do? Can experts advise on whether changing the fuel pump is relevant to my problem?

thanks.
Old 13th February 2008, 22:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
I have already told them during my 1st and 2nd free service about the lag in pick up when moving up from 2nd to 3rd gear.
Did the pickup problem get rectified after this service or not?

cya
R
Old 14th February 2008, 12:58   #3
BHPian

has hyundai changed so good overnite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Did the pickup problem get rectified after this service or not?

cya
R
yes it did.But these service people turn deaf whenever customer says his grievences but how can they change a fuel pump when no complaints are from my side.Have hyundai service peoplle changed so good overnite??
Old 14th February 2008, 13:40   #4
BHPian

Fuel Pump Replaced Without Being Informed

HI,i think this is a case of confidential recall by the manufacturer and the service advisor has tried to oblige u for this. The other possibility could be that your fuel tank would have been dismounted for some welding work as u have mentioned that repair was carried out at the rear end of the car and the pump could have been damaged in this process. And the service advisor again is trying to oblige.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
hello all,

last week i gave my getz for body work to remove scrathes near rear door.Apart from the body work to be done i never told them about any other complaints in the vehicle. While receiving the vehicle after body work the service advisor told that there was some problem detected in the fuel pump and it has been replaced(under warranty). I have already told them during my 1st and 2nd free service about the lag in pick up when moving up from 2nd to 3rd gear. This was not rectified after repeated pleas and i decided not to talk anymore to the service persons about this.But strangely the person from body shop dept. has ended up changing the fuel pump even when there is no complaint given from my side. What are these guys trying to do? Can experts advise on whether changing the fuel pump is relevant to my problem?

thanks.
Old 14th February 2008, 13:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

well, it could have been a matter that after they finished the body work, and it was bring brought from the workshop, the mech might have said "Saar fuel pump problem, pickup very bad". and hence, they migth have changed it.
Old 14th February 2008, 13:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
well, it could have been a matter that after they finished the body work, and it was bring brought from the workshop, the mech might have said "Saar fuel pump problem, pickup very bad". and hence, they migth have changed it.
seems to be the best explanation. they will trust their own mech rather than their customers.

well, look at the bright side, atleast you got it replaced FOC.
Old 14th February 2008, 14:22   #7
BHPian

Another reason could be that Hyundai is having an 'unannounced' faulty fuel pump replacement program underway for cars belonging to your car's batch.

Most Viewed