Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 15:58   #1
BHPian

steering heavier on right after balancing and alignment

Last week, I got wheel balancing and alignment done for my Santro from Darshan Tyres on Satara Road here in Pune. My car was pulling towards left and I could feel the vibrations on steering after the speedo crossed 80 kmph.
But now, after getting the balancing and alignment done, I have observed that the steering has become a lot tighter; and I can feel that its heavier on the right hand side particularly. Earlier when the b&a was not done, it was pretty light and responsive (its a power steering BTW) but now, I can feel the pull on my right hand. However, the left side pull for the car and the vibrations have almost gone. Can anybody tell why it could be happening?
Old 14th February 2008, 17:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
Last week, I got wheel balancing and alignment done for my Santro from Darshan Tyres on Satara Road here in Pune. My car was pulling towards left and I could feel the vibrations on steering after the speedo crossed 80 kmph.
But now, after getting the balancing and alignment done, I have observed that the steering has become a lot tighter; and I can feel that its heavier on the right hand side particularly. Earlier when the b&a was not done, it was pretty light and responsive (its a power steering BTW) but now, I can feel the pull on my right hand. However, the left side pull for the car and the vibrations have almost gone. Can anybody tell why it could be happening?
By anychance did the guy adjust the steering dampers ? If yes then that's the culprit behind steering being hard. Steering column damper is adjusted in account to reduce the steering solumn noise to certain extent

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks