Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:30   #46
BHPian

Water Powered Car / HHO Generators - Boost milage & performance

Very interesting topic...read through most of it and sounds good. But I have one basic question. Please pardon me if it has already been answered, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Here basically water undergoes electrolysis to produce HH and O. It then undergoes combustion to produce energy + water. But energy produced during combustion should be less than or equal to energy (electricity) spend in doing the electrolysis right?

Then isn't it better to run the car directly on battery instead of going through this roundabout approach?
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:03   #47

Rippergeo !!

This technology is not limited to Gasoline engines, you could try your hand on diesel also, In fact it is much easier as the chance of flash back are minimum on diesel. For the novice starters diesel is a better start, however keep in mind that effeciency will be less in case of diesel engine, but on a safer side, if you feel you are not upto the mark with technology, i would suggest you first try your hands with a diesel car first. Once you get close to 25% + effeciency increase you can strip the kit off the diesel car and use the same in Gasoline powered car and start working on addons like flash arrestors and multiple bubblers, rest of the kit is same.

Anjeel
Old 22nd October 2008, 12:10   #48
BHPian

Paul, you need to have an electric engine for that. We are trying to get things done using the existing engine, with possibly the original petrol/diesel as a backup.
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:14   #49

Why not just batteries and why HHO ?

The main objective of this thread is to converse the pros and cons of the HHO + Gasoline fueled car and aimed to arrive at a workable solution of making this a reality for a common man who has little or no familiarity on the subject.

The second objective here is to encourage an environmentally safe solution and to reduce the atmospheric pollution so caused by hydrocarbons ultimately leading to depletion of green house effect. In that direction, electric cars, as surely, without any debate, is not an environmentally safe mode of transport. Here all that you are doing is transferring the pollution caused from hydrocarbons to even more dangerous end product - residues of Lead and sulphuric acid which in the long run have equally if not even more devastating effects as hydrocarbons. Both are evil, so let us not argue on the fact which is worse.

In case of a true hydrogen fueled car there is no pollution as the end product is pure water vapors. On the other hand “HHO + Gasoline” is not a true Hydrogen fueled car as we continue to use Gasoline. Yet we have reasonably less pollution but not zero.

Now I really appreciate question from paul. It is truly a very intelligent question and must be addressed to. Some reading on electric cars would help in this direction but here it is the key. In case you directly use electricity coming form batteries you need a motor that runs on a large number of batteries or more efficient batteries or keep reducing the overall weight of the car. The overall weight of the car has to be proportional to the amount of power generated from the batteries on board - Look at the size of Reva. As I mentioned above, more batteries only lead to further – indirect pollution. Pure Electric cars therefore are not the cars of the future. It has to be a hybrid solution only. Look at Toyota for an intelligent hybrid answer to this.

On the other hand, by using just the same battery that originally came with the car, we draw higher wattage using electronics and use that wattage to fracture another form of fuel (in our case water) which in turn burns in the combustion chamber as a mixture of Air + Galsoline + HHO. This new fuel increases the efficiency of the existing motor. Due to the calorific value of Brown’s Gas (HHO) the third constituent of the new fuel, we are now able to reduce entropy and therefore get a higher efficiency out of the existing car without doing any major modification to the originality of the car.

Anjeel Babbar

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd October 2008 at 10:15. Reason: Font tags
anjeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
electric cars, as surely, without any debate, is not an environmentally safe mode of transport.
I disagree.

Electric car can be the best and environmentally safe mode of transport, if you can produce enough electricity to charged your batteries by running the car. You can use wind power to achieve it.

AFAIK, no one has tried this option.
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
Electric car can be the best and environmentally safe mode of transport, if you can produce enough electricity to charged your batteries by running the car. You can use wind power to achieve it.
Dont think that batteries are environment friendly Still made out of lead. And in an electric car, you would need bigger and efficient batteries. Unless they are invented, electric cars wont go mainstream.
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Dont think that batteries are environment friendly Still made out of lead.
Yep. But still better than Petrol and Diesel.

Electric car can run 100% on electricity. Plus if we can use green electricity (Wind Power) to produce enough electricity on the run, we will get infinite FE with almost 0 (zero) pollution.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:46   #53

Hi,

I am new to this Forum. Since I am also working on this technology then I wish to inform you that the the plan shown in the below link is a faulty plan. This is basically from Ozzi Freedom, who has just taken his plan to all over internet.

If you really want to build a good device then you may visit my website NextGen Engineering Auto System - Home or you can write to me on pvar06@yahoo.com

So let us move ahead the save oil.

Regards

Praveen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Has anyone tried this out? its supposed to be easier and cheaper than propane injection. the whole thing looks too good to be true, but was hoping that the more technically inclined members could study the idea and tell us what they think
Water Car Run on WATER+Fuel. Hydrogen Save Gas=FREE ENERGY!

was'nt sure if this topic should have been posted here or in the technical stuff section.

A google search for HHO generators throws up a lot of results, all of which are intriguing.

Time to find a cheap project car
Old 26th February 2009, 15:59   #54

Hi Sushrutha,

Yes there are instances where the people have operated there car on water alone. Also there are cases where the people have operated the cars on radiant energy. Some of the expamples are as given below;

1. Daniel Dingle - He has made a device where in he breaks the water molecule into H2 and O2. H2 is being injected into the engine directly and O2 is injected into the air filter. Today I think Mr. Dingle is in jail due to some case of fraud.

2. Stanley Meyer - This inventor has made the Water fuel injector. His plan to remove the spark plug with these injectors. These injectors was injecting the water spreay into the engine and the same was burnt out using high voltage under pressurized condition. He has patented this technology on his name. Unfortunately he has been pisoned.

3. Dave Lawton - He has made a resonance drive by which you can break the water molecules using limited energy. He had generated enough amount of gas to run the car on water alone. But now a days he is not openly active in this space.

4. Joe Cell - This is the concept where you can take the energy from your surrounding and directing the same to the engine. It is basically works on radiant energy concept. He has been threatned and asked to stop work on this technology. Since then there are only 100-150 replication on this technology.

5. GEET Technology- This is a another way where you can run your car virtually on any thing like water, burnt oil, crude oil etc etc. This technology is being developed by Paul Pouton. But currently he is in jain because of some fraud case against him.

Other then above established technology, one srilankan engineer has operated his car on water alone. His video is available on you tube.

The case which you have referred in you post is relates to Daniel Dingel.

I am also working on this technology but currently only limited to mileage improvement but soon planning to work on complete water concept on small engine. I have posted my data and findings on NextGen Engineering Auto System - Home.

Trust this helps.

Regards

Praveen varma
Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
If i recollect my memory, I had seen a program in Udaya TV long back about a car running(contessa) on water. The car belongs to government official. I don't exactly remember how he had used the technology behind this, he had some instrument in front of the bonnet, which breaks water in Hydrogen n oxygen seperately, n the car runs on hydrogen...
I'm not so sure .. Can someone highlight on this.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:54   #55
BHPian

i think the FE / power increases purely because of the nacent oxygen that is being pumped into the engine.

Nacent Oxygen 'O' is a lot more combustible that naturally occuring oxygen 'O2'
Old 27th February 2009, 11:12   #56
BHPian

People in Cochin can get in touch with Saban Automobiles. They have a kit for a about 7K. Tested on about 40 cars and the owner is also a nice chap. He claims a saving af about 30-40% fuel.
Old 27th February 2009, 12:24   #57
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
People in Cochin can get in touch with Saban Automobiles. They have a kit for a about 7K. Tested on about 40 cars and the owner is also a nice chap. He claims a saving af about 30-40% fuel.
Is this the guy who we had spoken to earlier, or is it a new guy? I had called the number you gave me, but he said the kit was still months away. Will you PM me please?

Old 27th February 2009, 15:04   #58
BHPian

ripper, I am talking about the same guy. I havent called him up since then, but I would suggest trying to talk to him about getting a unit for "testing"
Old 27th February 2009, 15:49   #59

Hi Srijit,

Yes I think his kit is under development. As per my information he is trying to make the kit where the electrolysis of water can be done without catalyst. Around a month back he has taken two kits from me for testing but for some reason he could not test it or he could not set the desire parameter. Last week I have called him and ask to write to me any technical issues which he is facing but so far no response.

If you are interested buying the kit or making it yourself then you can have a look of my web site NextGen Engineering Auto System - Home. On this web site I have posted some of the mileage gain results too.

Regards

Praveen

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
ripper, I am talking about the same guy. I havent called him up since then, but I would suggest trying to talk to him about getting a unit for "testing"
Old 12th March 2009, 12:36   #60
BHPian

@ Praveen: Nice product there!! Just read through you site. Just wanted to post a couple of questions. Pardon me if they are dumb,Novice here on mechanics.

1) Would this installation cause any damage to the Engine on the long run? for eg : life of parts etc

2) Should the product be serviced at intervals? If so what needs to be done?

Cheers
Ramesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks