Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 14:58   #1

Water Powered Car / HHO Generators - Boost mileage & performance

I'm not kidding... there is a website with the same name
Run Your Car on Water

I'm not sayng it work or it won't. It amused me and thought some of you might be too.

Regards,
Old 14th February 2008, 17:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

If i recollect my memory, I had seen a program in Udaya TV long back about a car running(contessa) on water. The car belongs to government official. I don't exactly remember how he had used the technology behind this, he had some instrument in front of the bonnet, which breaks water in Hydrogen n oxygen seperately, n the car runs on hydrogen...
I'm not so sure .. Can someone highlight on this.
Old 14th February 2008, 17:10   #3
BHPian

Water Powered Car

Hello everyone,
I saw many discussions on TBHP regarding future fuels. I guess we missed this one - A car powered by WATER.
Mr. Daniel Dingel from Philippines, invented this concept some 30 years ago.
Here's the link:

Another link of the same concept:

In the second video, another interesting thing is his talk about having NO AIR CLEANER in his car.
What do you all think about both the concepts?

Mods - Feel free to close this thread if this has been discussed somewhere else. I searched the forum but could not find it.

Regards,
Kaustubh
Old 14th February 2008, 17:40   #4
BHPian

Water4gas Scam Reviewed

hope this link helps..
Old 18th May 2008, 00:32   #5
rippergeo

HHO generators to boost mileage and performance

Has anyone tried this out? its supposed to be easier and cheaper than propane injection. the whole thing looks too good to be true, but was hoping that the more technically inclined members could study the idea and tell us what they think
Water Car Run on WATER+Fuel. Hydrogen Save Gas=FREE ENERGY!

was'nt sure if this topic should have been posted here or in the technical stuff section.

A google search for HHO generators throws up a lot of results, all of which are intriguing.

Time to find a cheap project car

Old 18th May 2008, 02:22   #6
BHPian

Its a hoax according to the government.

Stanley Meyer's water fuel cell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 18th May 2008, 06:47   #7
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
that is a water fuel cell and it claims to be a perpetual motion machine- which is physically impossible. but what about HHO being injected into the intake? people seem to be DIYing it and getting results.

the idea is to run a diesel or a petrol engine with a small amount of HHO added to increase the efficiency of the engine.

stanley myers claimed to have run the car purely on water.
which is not what I'm interested in.

Old 18th May 2008, 10:44   #8
BHPian

I am not sure if this thing can produce more power than it consumes while creation. This will add the same benifit of adding water while combustion added to that it allows the engine to run much leaner thanks to its lower ignition temperature and better flame spread(lighter gas will be more evenly spread). Despite running lean it will burn cleanly because the gas itself induces excess of oxygen to the fuel+air mixture.

The regular beifit of adding water to combustion chamber is that water is relatively higher co-efficient of expansion as compared to air leading to better torque prodution, but it also spoils your engine oil, which may need another stage of processing to defilter oil from water. Water also absorbs heat on compression so potentially higher compression/leaner mixtures are possible(This is not possible with HHO as HHO will be a gas when compression happens).

These charecteristics of the HHO will make the, most awaited, HCCI technology more than possible.

If this can be directly mixed with CNG/LPG(or even stored in a second chamber in the cylinder) it will make those technologies much more enabling on cars.

I also cannot imagine how useful this would be in cooking applications, think of no danger storing that virtual bomb at home called the Gas cylinder, instead produce and store only small amount of it as per daily requirement(for Power failure conditions). Because of no carbon, it might burn much more completly, leaving your gas stove clean as ever(no carbon clogging of the jet and the holes).

For those who are not sure what is HHO here is a video introduction(more like an ad for HHO).
HHO Gas - Gasoline Replacement
Old 24th May 2008, 13:42   #9
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmur View Post
I am not sure if this thing can produce more power than it consumes while creation.
i agree, it is never going to make more power than what it consumes.
but the HHO itself is generated by electrolysis which in turn runs off the car's batteries, which is kind of a renewable source.

Old 24th May 2008, 13:42   #10
BHPian

Just because that webpage is titled Water4gas scam, doesnt mean that it is. Read through that page and see how the author brings about a positive review. Its just another marketing tactic.

It doesnt prove or disprove the technology
Old 24th May 2008, 16:22   #11
BHPian

Do check to see if the HHO or Hydrogen generated via the alternator is improving FE.
I need to brush up on my chemistry theory
Old 24th May 2008, 19:16   #12
rippergeo

what I understood is- the hydrolysis which is driven by the battery, and catalysed by baking soda- produces extremely reactive H H and O which helps a better flame spread and also produces small qauntities of water. the minute qties of water itself has a beneficial action on the combustion.

now, I have to wait for a donor car to try it out. looking for a cheap carbueretted M800 or alto. and the Vit M for the car.
the device itself would be extremely cheap to build.

not daring enough to try it on the 3 brand new common rails lying at home

Old 24th May 2008, 20:36   #13
BHPian

I think the parts cost is only around $150 (need to read that book again, s l o w l y...)

small doubt: Wont water injection cause damage to engine?
Old 24th May 2008, 21:07   #14
BHPian

Have recently driven a 800 with a diy electrolysis effort. Car did feel good to drive with a marginal increase in power. But cannot comment on how much increase as hadn't driven the car before the mod. Current draw was minimal.
Old 24th May 2008, 22:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Have recently driven a 800 with a diy electrolysis effort. Car did feel good to drive with a marginal increase in power. But cannot comment on how much increase as hadn't driven the car before the mod. Current draw was minimal.
What about FE? What are the cathode and anode materials used? Are those easily/cheaply available?

Mods: Could you please mention if you have merged threads. Was throughly confused...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks