Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 23:01   #1
BHPian

WagonR engine restarts

Hi Guys

Need some advise. My wagonR 70Kms gets restarted when driving in 2nd gear. What could be the reason. When I hit accelerator, I feel a vibration, like somebody is hitting from back. Feels like something is blocking, dont know what! Recently changed oil and oil filter. Could there be something wrong with fuel filter or injectors. Is there any side effects if I go for STP engine flush. help!
Old 16th February 2008, 20:55   #2
BHPian

Wagon R Vibration While Accelerating

Hi , did u get your car washed as well on the day u got your oil changed,if yes then go back to the workshop and ask them to check the spark plugs for rust marks. If the spark plug has redish mark on the sides them get them replaced. If it works fine otherwise one of the ignitor assy has failed due to water in the spark plug cavity. There are two ignitors in your car mounted on top of the spark plugs (make-LUCAS TVS),your technician would have to do a trial and error test by replacing one at a time and taking the road test. In future please be very carefull about it, whenever the veh is washed both the ignitors cavity should be cleaned by comressed air before the veh is used again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Hi Guys

Need some advise. My wagonR 70Kms gets restarted when driving in 2nd gear. What could be the reason. When I hit accelerator, I feel a vibration, like somebody is hitting from back. Feels like something is blocking, dont know what! Recently changed oil and oil filter. Could there be something wrong with fuel filter or injectors. Is there any side effects if I go for STP engine flush. help!
Old 19th February 2008, 23:23   #3
BHPian

thx buddy. Will do that next time. BHPians any more tips?
Old 20th February 2008, 22:14   #4
BHPian

just tried that no luck!
anybody can help me

Most Viewed