Team-BHP - Vibrations in Baleno at all times (Low varying Idle RPM)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Vibrations in Baleno at all times (Low varying Idle RPM) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/35940-vibrations-baleno-all-times-low-varying-idle-rpm.html)

Hi ppl

First of all moderator this might be a repeated issue but i felt my problem to be different and wanted sum queries to be solved so posting a new thread...

I have a bought a second hand baleno (2004 vxi 42000 kms done).Its been just 2 months and i dont have any past service record.

I have always felt that there are vibrations when the car is just standing and the engine is running like at traffic lights.It goes away when the accelerator pedal is pressed a little so i guess its due to low rpm.I also have cng istalled so the problem increases but the problem lies in both petrol/cng mode.
What exactly happens is that the rpm falls down and the vibration begins then it comes back to normal and then again falls.So its varying.The problem obviously increases with A/c on.
As suggested by the Cng guy i got the throttle body cleaned but the issue remains.I got the tuning checked and the guy says its perfect as per the machines.The car is running at 705 rpm.....
Temme if more info is needed...

Can anybody help........

Sorry for my low tech knowledge....

Thnx
Rohan

a little vibration at idling is common in many balenos and is nothing to worry about...the idling speed of the Baleno seems very low (My Baleno touches 500-600 RPM Techo indicated) and at this speed vibrations are very likely.....the super light body doesnt help matters much either...
howeve, the car is generally very rattle free..I don't have rattles after close to 45k Kms...

Dude,
I had the exactly same problem in my Zen. Spent a lot of money & timeto sort out the issues.
Started with throttle body cleaning, engine decarbonising, spark plug replacement to costlier DENSOs for bigger spark, fuel lines cleaning with LIQUI MOLY system, fuel filter replacement. Carried out all the above one by one ( spanned over a period of 1.5 months - 3500 km) to know the effect on the car.

Finally, took the car to MOTORCRAFT, sec-63, NOIDA, all the Engine mountings ( rubber) were replaced & the car bcame super silent as earlier.

They told the reason for vibration as the engine mountings give away after body dis-alingnment due to some accident/ running over some stone / continuous driving on pot holed roads etc.

In my case, i could recollect that the car had ran over a huge boulder during a trip to Manali. The vibrations could not be noticed on highways as there was hardly any stoppages with engine idling. The problem was noticed only when i came back to Delhi & normal schedule (stop & go traffic/ red- lights)
In Your case, since you are not the original owner, the car might have bad engine mountings due to the reasons unknown to you!

IMO the baleno is very close to its natural resonance frequency in the lower reaches of its RPM band. ( as are most cars)
as a result you will get a slight vibration.
i wouldnt worry too much abt it unless its excessive
You will just spend a lot of money and unlikely to get much in the way of results.
as the previous post said, new better mounts will damp the vibration and help. if you wanna go that route.

My bet would be on engine mounts. Also check if the sub-frame is proper and there are no bends or mis-alignments.

HI, you have mentioned RPM to be around 700, well this is not the correct idling RPM as per the specs. it should be 850-900. this could be because of sticky I.A.C valve, cleaning the throtle body does not all the time ensure proper functioning of I.A.C (idle air control valve). Get it checked by a authorised workshop by TECH2 , with this u can vary the IAC duty and check proper functioning of the valve . The other probelem which most of fellow BHPIANS have mentioned could be from the engine mounts,or a misaligned undercarraige.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanmeets (Post 733115)
Hi ppl

First of all moderator this might be a repeated issue but i felt my problem to be different and wanted sum queries to be solved so posting a new thread...

I have a bought a second hand baleno (2004 vxi 42000 kms done).Its been just 2 months and i dont have any past service record.

I have always felt that there are vibrations when the car is just standing and the engine is running like at traffic lights.It goes away when the accelerator pedal is pressed a little so i guess its due to low rpm.I also have cng istalled so the problem increases but the problem lies in both petrol/cng mode.
What exactly happens is that the rpm falls down and the vibration begins then it comes back to normal and then again falls.So its varying.The problem obviously increases with A/c on.
As suggested by the Cng guy i got the throttle body cleaned but the issue remains.I got the tuning checked and the guy says its perfect as per the machines.The car is running at 705 rpm.....
Temme if more info is needed...

Can anybody help........

Sorry for my low tech knowledge....

Thnx
Rohan

Thnx ppl for ur replies but the vibration is good enough specially with A/c on and cant be ignored and its freaking me out so i have to do all that is required.

Let me quote an example if it helps.

i initially owned a maruti 800 and in it the car was not able to take the a/c load and used to vibrate and i had to press the accelerator to keep the engine running or it used to let go.The problem used to get solved by proper tunning and servicing.

Now in baleno i get the same feeling but the only difference is the engine keeps running and i have to press the accelerator to bring it to normal and in mpfi the tunning is sensored and cannot be altered so i wanted to know where is the sensor located and can it be due to faulty sensor.....

Thnx in advance....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanmeets (Post 734207)
i initially owned a maruti 800 and in it the car was not able to take the a/c load and used to vibrate and i had to press the accelerator to keep the engine running or it used to let go.The problem used to get solved by proper tunning and servicing.
Thnx in advance....

This appears to be low engine rpm setting for idle. Get it rectified by MASS

my alto's body shudders whenever I climb a slope (from a stationary position)!

had asked the A.S.S to check it up during my last service, but wasn't of use!

Do you guys think that I have a loose engine-body connection?