Team-BHP - engine options for fiat uno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   engine options for fiat uno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/36243-engine-options-fiat-uno.html)

hi friends i want to buy fiat uno and mod it . but i am worried about its costlier spare parts. are there any other engine that i can put in it. what will be the cost of it. can a zen diesel engine installed in it. urgent help needed ..reply fast ..

do you really need to buy uno in the first and go through all the pains of finding a engine for it? why not buy a contessa, petrol and mod it? the stock 1.8l petrol isuzu engine does 160kmph easily and sourcing the parts will be way easy, it has much better handling and other characteristics!

if you really want to do all this process with a uno then there is a lot that you need to be prepared for!

I got really excited when I read the thread title because it hasn't been done before and I am doing my bit of dreamy research on this. I was put off seeing "Zen diesel" as an engine option though. Nevertheless here are your options:

- 1.4 Turbo Petrol motor from the Uno itself. It has biggest tuner options available off the shelf. The engine is a direct fit in the Uno and I have a Haynes manual that confirms this. A few pictures of this engine:

On some serious mods people managed to achieve this:

Finding this engine is nearly impossible.

Now the Uno shares its platform with the Lancia Delta Integrale and has quite a similar structure. I have seen projects online in which guys plonked the 1.6 twin Cam turbo EVO1 engine from the Integrale into the Uno and also did a four wheel drive conversion. It is an expensive affair and my dream project if and ever if I get that kind of money. Check out www.turbo124.com for such builds.

Another local option is to consider the Palio 1.6 engine and I had a link which I PM'ed to a few bhpians on this conversion but sadly I don't seem to find it anymore. It is a possible option.

To answer your query in the intended sense I would get the Siena 1.7 TD motor and plonk it in since its a direct bolt on IIRC.

EDIT: I don't know if you would be interested but check out these links:

Hope that helps

With all due respect Kiran, The above 1.4 turbo mod is not realistic in India,although amazing!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mf
To answer your query in the intended sense I would get the Siena 1.7 TD motor and plonk it in since its a direct bolt on IIRC.

:thumbs upThis is a BRILLIANT suggestion. Power,Reliability as well as economy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 741796)
With all due respect Kiran, The above 1.4 turbo mod is not realistic in India,although amazing!

I know, I know anna. Thats why I mentioned "In my dreamy world I hope to have this engine in stock form" (at least) and plonk it in a Uno frame.

Did you read the specs of the Type II 1.4 Uno Petrol:

0-100kph - 8.3 sec
Max Speed - 128mph (206kph)
Standing ¼ mile - 16.4 sec
Standing km - 30.1 sec
In gear acceleration - 30-50 (3rd) : 4.5 sec

what will be the cost of such engine. dont the fiat have problem with finding spare parts in markit..

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 741803)
I know, I know anna. Thats why I mentioned "In my dreamy world I hope to have this engine in stock form" (at least) and plonk it in a Uno frame.

Did you read the specs of the Type II 1.4 Uno Petrol:

0-100kph - 8.3 sec
Max Speed - 128mph (206kph)
Standing ¼ mile - 16.4 sec
Standing km - 30.1 sec
In gear acceleration - 30-50 (3rd) : 4.5 sec

i appreciate all this but do you guys think this car can take all that and still stick to the road? i mean will the car handle well? and again one will need to go through a lot of pain to do this finding parts wont they?

the person basically wants to buy this car to mod it for more power, so instead why not buy another bigger car like the contessa i suggested before, even finding an engine and the parts should be really easy in comparison and should yield good results such as mentioned above wont it?

any other views or thoughts on the same guys?