Team-BHP - Swift VXi - What is the idle rpm?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Swift VXi - What is the idle rpm? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/36313-swift-vxi-what-idle-rpm.html)

One of my friends' Swift VXi has an idle rpm of 750 :Shockked: when the engine is hot. Is this normal? In my Palio it is around 900.

Since idle rpm is that low (750) it is difficult for him to move the vehicle from standstill in forst gear without applying accelerator. In Palio, it is very easy upto 3rd gear. (Without pressing the gas pedal at all)

Thanks In Advance!

I dont have a tach on my swift Lxi , so people what is the idle rpm? , the high rpm cut off rpm? And the redline starts at?
please and thank you

A swift should ideally idle between 800-850rpm like most cars in its class. If it is idling below, why is your friend cribbing? In any case how is he going to move the car forward without pressing the accelerator? If he has a problem, ask him to see the Maruti service centre and they will solve the problem or give you a reason why it should be so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 742509)
A swift should ideally idle between 800-850rpm like most cars in its class. If it is idling below, why is your friend cribbing? In any case how is he going to move the car forward without pressing the accelerator? If he has a problem, ask him to see the Maruti service centre and they will solve the problem or give you a reason why it should be so.

In heavy traffic, I do not press that gas pedal at all, and its fairly easy to move the car (Palio) forward... I guess ecu takes care to some extent. The Swift engine clearly lacks that low end torque. In Swift you have to increase the rpm a little and release the clutch, otherwise the engine will shudder and die.

And yes, I also feel that the idle rpm should be around 850 at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 742509)

so V 16 you have a swift man , sure you have a tach in it too.
What rpm does the cut off kick in man?Unless you never rev it that high?

PS : please and thank you.

750 to 800 on a hot engine is normal idling for the swift petrol.

usually its 750 to 800 in all the cars ..may go up by a few 1/200 rpm if ur AC is switched on during idle..

Try not to start moving without using the accelerator, atleast in petrol cars. Since they don't have much torque lower down the rev range, it wont pull quite well and there are a lot of vibrations set up (like what happens when you are in a high gear at low speed), which may hurt the engine mounts and other mechanical parts.

In slow moving traffic, press the accelerator a little and release the clutch slowly. After you have engaged the clutch fully, let go off the accelerator, the car will continue moving, if not on an incline.

My VXI moves without kissing the accelator in First Gear Easily. I use this in traffic all the time