Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 10:58   #46
BHPian

Fitted subros a/c around 4+ years ago in M800.
Subros a/c and changed the blower as well. The stock blower doe not have that much throw. I would recommend to change the blower as well.

The new blower I have does not allow you to change he direction of air, but its powerful and total VFM.

4 years ago, a/c costed around 12k and blower was 3k. Total cost was somewhere close to 16k.

The fittings was not done at maruti dealership.
The odo on car reads around 1,20,000 right now. No problems whatsoever. Cooling is great, have to turn off the a/c in long drives cause it gets really chilling.

There will be no effect on life of engine, but since its a puny 800cc engine, you will notice a different in pickup with a/c on.
Old 14th August 2008, 13:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Extreme left side blower outlet 800

Is in market extreme left side blower outlet available for 800? In 800 left side has space and it is fitted with (useless) tray.

Can this be replaced with usual blower outlet ? As in OE only 3 outlet for AC are present. If it can be done then it will enhance cooling as well as back passenger comfort during summer. If it is there it will be similar design but inverted top compare to driver side blower outlet.

How can I source this ?
Old 14th August 2008, 17:28   #48
BHPian

EDIT:
In my previous post I said Subros, the a/c in my car is sanden.

I have never seen the extreme left blower outlet in car. I doubt if it can be done.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:07   #49
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd April 2009 at 12:28.
911turbo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
hey man i am in chandigarh to pm if you want an a/c fitted i know the best person in chandigarh

Hi Manik,

Please do tell me the location of this person as i have to fit a A/C in my Maruti 800.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:06   #51
BANNED

@4-27 K for a A/C install ? that is ridiculous . Why dont you guys check up the sanden or subros websites ?

The subros compressor is the same one in a esteem as well as a maruti 800 . the only difference being that the compressor pulley is different and the evaporator and condensors are different .

The total cost of the parts should be around 12,000 ,if you buy it from a compressor spare parts shop . There are a couple of chinese and japanese brands avaliable at most of the compressor shops . Compressors start fom as low as 4,500 Rs .

May be I will draw up a list some day for reference . Just try to get the same CC compressor or a little higher cc compressor . It should work fine .
Old 5th April 2009, 01:14   #52
BHPian

Fitting an AC in a Maruti 800 is nothing more than a Rs. 16 - 17K job.
Old 3rd May 2009, 19:07   #53
BANNED

I know it is a old thread but for the sake of it.M800 Has two types of radiator for ac and nonac models.Mine is a August 96 model nonac.I got it converted to ac long time back.
Now non ac radiator has a fin pitch of 12mm and has 58 tubes in it.However a AC model has 70 tubes and a pitch of 9.5mm.I got to know about it recently only.So i believe the reson why maruti 800 non ac converted to ac is unable to cool sufficiently in hot weather is because of this reason.
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:32   #54
BHPian

Guys, I need inputs on where to get an AC retrofitted to my carb M800 in Bangalore. The engine and the cooling system are in their prime (just rebuilt).

I checked with Suraksha (hosur road) and the kit they have is 24 K plus gas. Is it possible to get the Subros parts and get them installed by a MASS at a lesser price?

Please suggest places for sourcing the parts and for the install. Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:22   #55
BHPian

You cannot buy any OEM item off the shelf, at any Maruti dealer for D-I-Y jobs (in the sense, work done outside of MASS). The cost quoted comes close to the amount charged at the dealerships, and would suggest getting it done over there itself.
I got the job done for our carb' Maruti 800 at Mandovi Motors, Vijayanagar, during May'2007. No cooling issues as of date, and the cooling is fairly good.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Note from Team BHP Support:

Threads merged. Please search for an existing topic before starting a new one.
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:26   #57
BHPian

Install an AC unit for the Maruti 800 (Non AC)

I own a M800 Non A/C 2007 model. Have done around 13K kms in the same. It gets extremely hot during long drives and I really wish to install an Air Conditioning unit. I spoke to the service centre and they recommended Subarus, at a price of 30K. However, my queries are: 1.

Would a fitting like this be appropriate for the engine? .. rather will it damage the engine in any way? Would this change be recommended?

2. Is this brand of A/C good for this car? ... (They had some other name too .. unable to recall that now).

Please suggest as these queries are not letting me come to a conclusion.

P.S. I also thought of an upgradation, but I would end up spending more.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:53   #58
BHPian

The A/C is very much recommended for your car.
It wont cause any harm to your car's engine in any way.
The Brand is Subros .It is a famous brand and pretty good enough.It is an OEM supplier to many auto manufactures as well.You can go ahead .

However the price quoted to you is on the higher side.Its also advisable that you directly contact a subros authorised dealer in your area for a quote and then decide.
In Delhi the full setup with installation costs around 20-23k.

Here are the details for your city:
Subros Sales Centre,
47, Kuber Complex,
New Link Road, Andheri (W),
Mumbai - 400 058Tel: (022)-50059923
99203 20600
98337 69955

Last edited by k2max6 : 2nd March 2010 at 20:55.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:25   #59
BHPian

Thanks so much for the info! I shall contact them directly and see what they have to say. Thanks again k2max!
Old 8th March 2010, 17:46   #60
BHPian

(They had some other name too .. unable to recall that now). It cud be Sanden , I have this in my 1997 800 . Was good for first 5 years when i installed it in 2003 but now it is giving some or other problem every year . Basic issue is some gas leak .

Quote:
Originally Posted by renney.varghese View Post
I own a M800 Non A/C 2007 model. Have done around 13K kms in the same. It gets extremely hot during long drives and I really wish to install an Air Conditioning unit. I spoke to the service centre and they recommended Subarus, at a price of 30K. However, my queries are: 1.

Would a fitting like this be appropriate for the engine? .. rather will it damage the engine in any way? Would this change be recommended?

2. Is this brand of A/C good for this car? ... (They had some other name too .. unable to recall that now).

Please suggest as these queries are not letting me come to a conclusion.

P.S. I also thought of an upgradation, but I would end up spending more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks