Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 20:45   #1
BHPian

Diesel overhauling

Team,
I just checked out a Palio 1.9D. Good revving, but It is little smoky, done 54K, Single owner. I could see little lack in pulling compared to Sienna Tdi that i drove some time back.
Quoting 3L, negotiable to reduce 10 ~20K.

My Question is if the engine requires overhauling then how much it will cost? Also how much DDis, CRDIs, Dicors cost for overhauling and what will be the interval to grind the bore?

Also engine overhaul interval for petrol & cost ?

we know it depends on the driving. Let us take TeamBHPians to the account with 1. Pete's kit and 2. without Petes, but still 140+ Kmph in highway.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

some palio guys reply please...!!!

Too bad no palio owner replied to you... not even the select few diesel owners...

my personal experience... the new palio 1.3 MJD is here... so press harder for more lesser price... 54K sure asking for a major service arnd 60-75... be ready for 15-30K expense if the car is driven rough...

so try to avoid it or at least act and bring it down further...
Old 14th March 2008, 23:25   #3
BHPian

I have the strangest feeling that the car you speak about has clocked more than 54K. Please do not invest on a car that you know will require an engine overhaul.

Spend your money elsewhere.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its a discontinued model, and u can really bargain on it, but even if u get a good price i'd advise u against it. Also, pls stay clear of any car that u know needs engine work.
P.S: Petes does not have a kit for the palio 1.9D
Old 14th March 2008, 23:54   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
I have the strangest feeling that the car you speak about has clocked more than 54K. Please do not invest on a car that you know will require an engine overhaul.

Spend your money elsewhere.
i would also say spend on something else. we have a one and half year old indica v2 dls which has clocked 55 k + and now engine feels more refined and now pulls better.
i haven't came across a single diesel car which require a complete overhaul at 50 k, even petrol i would say. until and unless car is badly abused.
sir i am sure odometer has been tempered, its a 5 min job. its a common practice.
Old 15th March 2008, 08:36   #6
BANNED

I think 3 lakhs for discontinued palio ant that too with engine problem is too high price. Service cost would be high for palio. think for other cars or a good palio with less money
Old 21st March 2008, 16:59   #7
BANNED

how old is the car ? i would not pay anything more then 2 lahks if this car was in a good state. 50K and engine problems !! i would suspect the odometer has been tampered with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks