Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 20:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Whats wrong with my Corolla's Clutch and Engine?

Quote:
2. Engine is also vibrating a little more than normal.
3. Engine is sounding rough.
4. Mileage has dropped by at-least 3 kms/ltr than normal.
I have a 2003 one with more than 2 Lac on ODO , recently had similar issues which were diagnosed to a faulty fuel injector .
Old 18th August 2014, 21:27   #17
BHPian

Re: Whats wrong with my Corolla's Clutch and Engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I have a 2003 one with more than 2 Lac on ODO , recently had similar issues which were diagnosed to a faulty fuel injector .
Incidentally at 1.6 L kms service at Shodha Toyota Hubli in Jan this year the car had gone in normal condition, but after the service it started jerking big time, almost like it was misfiring. I got back the next day and it was one failed injector, made sure they replaced it free of cost, they took the entire day to do that since they could not justify the management for a new one so eventually they got one from a accident car in their yard and replaced it. It worked fine thereafter. After that when the car came to Bangalore in May end, this clutch (?) problem started and my immediate hunch was the injectors. I have experienced how the car behaves with one failed injector, believe me you just cannot drive it, its very frustrating as if you are driving a junk. No such thing is happening now luckily. Here at Viva Toyota the experienced Asst. Mgr service assured me that the injectors by the very nature of it will work or just die, there is no in between condition. But nonetheless I have been pondering on how to get them cleaned / flushed, cause the car has done 1.64 L kms and I am sure the injectors have never been cleaned. I did one cycle of STP treatment [poured it in full tank fuel], but did not see any change in the engine smoothness so far. Don't know if Toyota has [in their services] this option of cleaning injectors, any other way.

BTW how much did one fuel injector cost you.

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 18th August 2014 at 21:29. Reason: Forgot to ask this one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks