Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 18:12   #1
BHPian

Alto 1.1 Throttle Body problem?

Hi, I have a Alto 1.1 which is having (what looks like) a throttle body problem.once the engine is warmed up(after driving for 10-15mins),if i press the acc. slightly,it tends to stall. if however the acc. is pressed more/harder she will not stall.I checked this by moving the Throttle body arm which the acc. cable joins to. the problem still occurs,so acc. cable is ruled out.Have already got the injectors,fuel tank,fuel pump,throttle body cleaned.new sparkplugs installed.What all sensors are present in throttle body,I think only the TPS ? is there a motor/actuator inside the TB ? what could be the problem?
Old 6th March 2008, 21:05   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Your Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Hi, I have a Alto 1.1 which is having (what looks like) a throttle body problem.once the engine is warmed up(after driving for 10-15mins),if i press the acc. slightly,it tends to stall. if however the acc. is pressed more/harder she will not stall.I checked this by moving the Throttle body arm which the acc. cable joins to. the problem still occurs,so acc. cable is ruled out.Have already got the injectors,fuel tank,fuel pump,throttle body cleaned.new sparkplugs installed.What all sensors are present in throttle body,I think only the TPS ? is there a motor/actuator inside the TB ? what could be the problem?
When was the last time you got the throttle body serviced?
If it was serviced,was the problem there before the service and it has started after the service?If yes,then there could be a problem with fitment or with some ports in the TB getting clogged.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:06   #3
BHPian

The TB was serviced ~30kms back.
the problem was there before servicing the TB too.
Old 8th March 2008, 08:34   #4
BHPian

Update: The check light is flashing at low rpms
what could be the cause?
Old 8th March 2008, 13:57   #5
Team-BHP Support

check engine light? one of your sensors, quick guess air flow or throttle body sensor aint proper, can be loose connection or dirty. Or it can be a real low idle causing the stalling problems.

Take it to a competent garage who have access to proper tools and diagnostic equipment.
Old 8th March 2008, 20:46   #6
BHPian

Throtle Body Probelem

HI,the probelem is from the TP sensor connector ,the copper strands of the three wires of TP sensor develop cracks which lead to signals not properly sent to the ECU .Go to a good work shop ask the electrician to dismantle the TP sensor connector (By removing a white coloured plastic lock in the connector) and fix new wires in these three terminals, allso clean the MAP sensor slot. Disconnect the (-)tive terminal for about 2 mins. This will solve your probelem.
Quote:
Update: The check light is flashing at low rpms
what could be the cause?
Old 8th March 2008, 22:16   #7
BHPian

Thank you so much will get this done and get back to you.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarmotor View Post
HI,the probelem is from the TP sensor connector ,the copper strands of the three wires of TP sensor develop cracks which lead to signals not properly sent to the ECU
Hi,
This work was done. around 80% of the jerk has dissapeared
The mech then put the TP sensor from a Wagon R onto the car and the problem completely dissapeared. so its the TP sensor at fault too.
Any idea how much this costs?
anything else i need to look at?
thanks
Old 16th March 2008, 10:29   #9
BHPian

Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarmotor View Post
HI,the probelem is from the TP sensor connector ,the copper strands of the three wires of TP sensor develop cracks which lead to signals not properly sent to the ECU .Go to a good work shop ask the electrician to dismantle the TP sensor connector (By removing a white coloured plastic lock in the connector) and fix new wires in these three terminals, allso clean the MAP sensor slot. Disconnect the (-)tive terminal for about 2 mins. This will solve your probelem.

Alankarmotors, ones again you have hit a bull's eye
Old 16th March 2008, 21:36   #10
BHPian

Throtle Body Probelem

HI, unfortunately the TP sensor does not come as a child part you will have to purchase the entire throtle body assy. Well if you manage to get a used one, which is possible because even if the other components of the throtle body i any accidented car is damaged ,then allso the entire assy. is replaced.But re fitting this TP sensor can be proprly done by a qualified technician as the throtle percentage has to be set between 14-17 %.
Quote:
Hi,
This work was done. around 80% of the jerk has dissapeared
The mech then put the TP sensor from a Wagon R onto the car and the problem completely dissapeared. so its the TP sensor at fault too.
Any idea how much this costs?
anything else i need to look at?
thanks
Old 16th March 2008, 22:32   #11
BHPian

hi,
i was told the TP sensor is available seprately through spares distributors etc let me try and work something out,will get back to you sir for the installation procedure.

Most Viewed