Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 14:39   #16
BHPian

I think it is a rear fog lamp.
But still why does a car (Ldi) which does not have front fog lamps has a fog lamp at the rear???
Old 7th March 2008, 16:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think you are talking about the rear fog lamp.. in the bottom near the silencer... not sure if it glows in ldi, but it sure does in my VXI, check your manual on how to turn the rear fog lamp on
Old 7th March 2008, 17:44   #18
BHPian

I always switch it on while driving on the highway especially when it's raining or the visibility is poor, my idea is that 'might' help getting noticed by vehicles following you.

Off topic: I wish it could be turned on and off like those red blinkers on the back of formula 1 cars, as they enter the pit lane
Old 7th March 2008, 17:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
Off topic: I wish it could be turned on and off like those red blinkers on the back of formula 1 cars, as they enter the pit lane
i guess something can be done - fit strobes in the rear fog lamp assembly -
Old 7th March 2008, 18:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i guess something can be done - fit strobes in the rear fog lamp assembly -
And be ready to sell your bike or something to do it
Old 7th March 2008, 20:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

It can be done. Just connect a turn indicator flasher to the circuit and you will have a blinking light. Cheap & effective.
Old 7th March 2008, 23:58   #22
BHPian

Well! This feature started off recently in Indian Cars as a safety measure that one reverse light worked when -well! while you are reversing:-D
And the other is for use while driving in the rain or fog for cars behind you to get to know for vehicles in front of them in poor visibility.
This feature was provided as brake lights are at a dimmer state when one is driving and activates with the use of brakes and glow at a higher intensity, but this action, in poor visibility, comes so sudden to drivers behind that it doesnt give them enough time to react and brake resulting in a lot of "fender benders".
Hence car manufacturers chose one of the reversing lights to act as a safety light because the reversing light is white/yellow so one is bright enough to warn of a reversing vehicle and the other is meant for a warning light.
This light comes in different forms, incase of the Swift and the new Wagon R as an add-on bumper light or one of the tail lights as in the SX4 or the New Honda Accord(LED tail lights version), earlier the Opel Astra had the same feature but this warning light was actuated within the brake lights itself, that means that the brake lights would glow at a higher density but after applying the brakes it would glow at its highest.
Most of you might have noticed empty bulb sockets in the tail lamps which are meant for this purpose. The Ikon has two empty slots in the tail-light assembly below the indicators.
Sadly this feature is only available in most of the top-end varients and left for the owner to get them in lower varients.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks