Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 17:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Long distance driving on a car with automech exhaust

Hi guys,
i have a M-800 fitted with a Automech Exhaust system.I usually drive upto my native place to Vengurla (near Goa) from Mumbai once a while in a year but have not since after
i have fitted the exhaust system.I was wondering ,since i have read posts about Automech headers being blowned (though of a different car model) if driving for long durations of around 550 KMS (approx 10 hrs) will cause any problems due to the exhaust headers.I guess it's giving me the creeps cause i have not driven for really long distances on the Automech headers.Anybody who has taken long trips in a car fitted
with the Automech FF can you please let me know whether you had any problems or not.
thanks
Old 7th March 2008, 17:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well except for a headache you have nothing to worry about. The drone of automech is horrible at cruising speeds.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Yup only the sound will bother, so hope you have a good ICE and tons of music to listen to.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:28   #4
BHPian

Dont worry just burn rubber man, i drove bombay goa, nagpur bombay, bombay udaipur, udaipur delhi all these jaunts were of driving for over 14-16 hours non stop. No issues. Bombay delhi i was doing constant speeds of 120. so relax
Old 7th March 2008, 19:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

get yourself industrial grade ear plugs used in factories with loud machines.
Old 7th March 2008, 19:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey guys i dont about you but i love the sound the exhaust makes but i guess 10 hrs
might be a bit of too much :-)
Old 7th March 2008, 21:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Drop down a gear now and then and rev. The note change will help you from boredom.
Old 8th March 2008, 00:04   #8
BHPian

hi

if i were you i would have got my self a nice earmuffs

enjoy the trip
Old 8th March 2008, 00:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Actually guys you all are scaring the daylights out of him. Sumeet, there should not be any problems just read on;
Automech will make the exhaust note as loud or as silent (upto a certain degree) depending upon your own liking. Tell them you want it as silent as they can make it.
You will be driving most of the way either with the a/c on or your windows rolled up and that will muffle the sound anyways.
Make sure the insulation in your car, especially flooring is adequate.
With headers and a free flow, you will probably get better mileage and mid and high range driving may become spirited.
I dont see any problems you might face due to headers. If you like the sound of a free flow (remember keep it as silent as they can go) you will probably find another excuse to actually go for another drive.
I have been driving with custom headers for a lot many years now and find no problems at all if fitted and crafted by an expert and Automech by all means are a very old hand in this job. It would be fitting to term them as experts here.
In short if you feel the lovely purr note from your cars exhaust is not an annoying sound, just Go For It
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2008, 13:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

V16 dude, he already has a exhaust system from automech on his car.
Old 8th March 2008, 14:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi V16,
I already have a Automech fitted on My 800 and had also asked the Automech guys at the time of fitting to not to give a too loud note.It's not the sound that am worried about but rather the wear n tear it might cause at the engine on long drives.But i guess since some of you guys have driven car's with Automech for long distance i suppose there won't be any problems.
Old 8th March 2008, 15:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god,no such issues buddie.Atleast i havent heard of such an issue till date.As v16 has put it go ahead.
ram
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

carbon soot deposits on the road when starting the car.

Hi
Guys,didnt want to start new thread so i decided to use this one.I have a carb 800 fitted with a Automech exhaust and K&N Air filter.Every time i start the car first time in a day i would notice that the exhaust spews out carbon soots on the road.They are in the form of tiny droplets only they are black in color.

Any ideas why this could be happening.

thanks.
Old 3rd September 2008, 18:29   #14
SYJ
BHPian

automech

always keep ur music on buddy...thts the only way
Old 4th September 2008, 11:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi
Guys,didnt want to start new thread so i decided to use this one.I have a carb 800 fitted with a Automech exhaust and K&N Air filter.Every time i start the car first time in a day i would notice that the exhaust spews out carbon soots on the road.They are in the form of tiny droplets only they are black in color.

Any ideas why this could be happening.

thanks.
droplets in the morning is H2O. The carbon possibly means a rich mixture which is normal during a cold engine start.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks