Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 12:37   #1
BANNED

Power Steering fluid and ECU – Zen Vxi

Hello BHPins,

Just wantd to know Does Zen Vxi Type II has a power steering oil ?, i read somewhere in the net it has but when i chked with my local Mechanic he clearly said no it doesn't uses any oil for Power Steering,

Also wanted to know where is the ECU fitted in Zen Vxi ? is it somewhere on the engine ? i was planning to get engine cleaned ( washed ), If i gets engine cleaned will my ECU get wet and have a problem ?

Regards,
Jitendra

Last edited by nicejits : 11th March 2008 at 12:39.
Old 11th March 2008, 13:53   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Hello BHPins,

Just wantd to know Does Zen Vxi Type II has a power steering oil ?, i read somewhere in the net it has but when i chked with my local Mechanic he clearly said no it doesn't uses any oil for Power Steering,

Also wanted to know where is the ECU fitted in Zen Vxi ? is it somewhere on the engine ? i was planning to get engine cleaned ( washed ), If i gets engine cleaned will my ECU get wet and have a problem ?

Regards,
Jitendra
HI

To best of my knowledge, Petrol Zen never came with the hydrualic power steering, it always came electronic power steering which requires no oil at all.

The ECU is installed inside the cabin underneath the dashboard of the Co driver side

Thanks

Amit
Old 11th March 2008, 14:14   #3
BHPian

Yup the old zen has EPS and does not require PS oil. The ECU is under the dash glove box side.
Old 11th March 2008, 14:45   #4
BANNED

Thx for your replies guys, I am getting Engine ( e-bay ) cleaned ( Diesel washed ), shd I cover any part with plastic ? any care to be taken ?
Old 11th March 2008, 15:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Yup the old zen has EPS and does not require PS oil. The ECU is under the dash glove box side.

Hi

Are new Zens equipped with Hydro PS?

Thanks
Amit
Old 11th March 2008, 15:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes.. Cover the air intake. Not sure if Zen has an airbox. If so then, I think its sufficiently water proof, but no harm in covering it up with plastic. Also, cover the fuse boxes if any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks