Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 13:53   #1
BHPian

New to Bangalore Need STP Engine Oil Additive

Hi Guru's,

I am new to bangalore so troubling you guys for a small favour, I am trying to hunt STP ENGINE OIL ADDITIVE for my car since 3~4 months but no luck can someone please help me with this ? as in where to get it from ....would really appreciate for a exact address and any contact info.

Thanks once again

Regards -
Old 11th March 2008, 14:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Any clues about your where-abouts - like coordinates for work, home, goofing off - can help us direct you better !

Typically JC Road. On JC road, near Minerva junction, there's a multi-floor car park. Opp the entrance is a lane. Less than 50m into that lane, on the left side, is a shop called JK (automobiles). Check there.
Old 11th March 2008, 19:22   #3
BHPian

As Condor has mentioned your coordinates would help in getting a place (hopefully) closer to where you are based. Another shop you might want to try is at the light junction for Commercial Street. This is towards the auto rickshaw parking area and would fall on your right if you are coming from Ulsoor side.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:27   #4
BHPian

I stay in HSR Layout
Old 13th March 2008, 20:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

3-4 months of search is a long time.

Can you please share why STP additive is required ?? and the purpose behind it etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
Hi Guru's,

I am new to bangalore so troubling you guys for a small favour, I am trying to hunt STP ENGINE OIL ADDITIVE for my car since 3~4 months but no luck can someone please help me with this ? as in where to get it from ....would really appreciate for a exact address and any contact info.

Thanks once again

Regards -
Old 17th March 2008, 19:59   #6
BHPian

Can you please share why STP additive is required ?? and the purpose behind it etc etc.[/quote]

I have this habit of putting in STP additive in Engine oil after each service while I was in Delhi, After coming to BGL i am unable to find it , today I went to JC Road ......inquired at couple of shops ....1 shop owner told me that STP has closed down its shop in India...so i dont know whats the real story but I THINK i would belive him .....STP or any other additive oil increases pick up , smoothens the engine noise..... & etc...... which I can tell you it really does !!
Old 17th March 2008, 20:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dadu : Can you please share why STP additive is required ?? and the purpose behind it etc etc.
@dadu - you, asking this ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-additive.html
The Engine Oil Bible : Additives
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...must-read.html
Old 17th March 2008, 20:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

I know what they do, but was curious to know why only STP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks