Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 17:15   #1
BHPian

Fiesta - Remote Locking Design

Hi Guys,
One my friend's Fiesta had met with an accident last weekend. Luckily, Every one is safe but car has damaged to an extent of estimation came to 1 L. A lorry hit at boot. Rear Axle, Rear left door and boot completely out of order and required a replacement.

Here is a small twist. Fiesta has equipped with a sensor in each door and works in a sequential manner for remote locking facility. One door got damaged so the sensor. Now they say, they have to replace all the sensor saying that the new sensor would not be in sync with old ones and quoting whopping 23K for the same. Can you guys please confirm if this is the case? And if Yes, Why should customers pay for their bad design?

-BSR
Old 11th March 2008, 17:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

customer always pays for the bad design :-) eventually the manufacturer closes shop, though.

does fiesta support central locking features like "open only drivers door", "open only boot", "open all doors"?

i am not knowledgeable but everything can be calibrated with diagnostic software to bring it to synch.
Old 11th March 2008, 17:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just in case this is true & If its costs that much then ask them remove all the sensors & get an after market kit which will be for fraction of the originals price.
Old 12th March 2008, 02:36   #4
BHPian

Are there any such kind of sensors in the Fiesta!? please excuse me if I am ignorant. If there are then also I don't see any necessity to change the sensors on all the doors, as the remote locking system on the Fiesta can be reprogrammed and can be set to "open only drivers' door", "open all doors" or for that matter one can also customize the settings as per ones requirement. Just ask your friend to go through the owners manual and he will be able to do it.
P.S.: there is a separate button to open the boot which cannot be programmed.

Dhaval

Last edited by dhaval : 12th March 2008 at 02:41.
Old 12th March 2008, 15:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Are there any such kind of sensors in the Fiesta!? please excuse me if I am ignorant. If there are then also I don't see any necessity to change the sensors on all the doors, as the remote locking system on the Fiesta can be reprogrammed and can be set to "open only drivers' door", "open all doors" or for that matter one can also customize the settings as per ones requirement. Just ask your friend to go through the owners manual and he will be able to do it.
P.S.: there is a separate button to open the boot which cannot be programmed.

Dhaval
That is exactly what I wanted to say. The default is 'open all doors'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks