Team-BHP - How to protect your car on 'Holi'
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   How to protect your car on 'Holi' (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/37082-how-protect-your-car-holi.html)

As you all know, 'Holi' is fast approaching (22nd March). Its a big fest, especially for north Indians. But taking the car out on Holi has always been a nightmare. You end up having ugly pink, green & yellow stains all over your car. Your car seats, steering wheel, carpet etc all get spoiled.

I always use polybags on my car seats on that day, but dont know how to protect the external paintwork. The stains are so sttuborn at times that they wont go for months. Please help.

please:

The solution is simple---just avoid taking your car out on Holi. Hire a car instead.
While exterior stains can be removed, internal ones will be well nigh impossible to get rid off completely.
Try using the plastic seat covers that come with new cars, but even these might slip and cause stains from your clothes to slip through to the upholstery.

Folks,

Just befor holi ensure to doa basic waxing DIY with some waxpol, turtle or forumla1 for exteriors.

Same use dash sparys for interiors....

the tough part is seats( so bettr get some plactic covers.... else its pink panther.....)

get the car waxed (waxpol liquid) and then might go in for a tefflon coating.

Wax and teflon are two different things and with huge differences in their cost too.

Get the wax on the body 2-3 days before and that should suffice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by metropolis (Post 762286)
get the car waxed (waxpol liquid) and then might go in for a tefflon coating.

or else take a loooong drive to bangalore

One of the million reason why I love this place is..since last 9 yrs no one has ever forced me or my vehicles into playing holi clap:

Regards,

ohh that reminds me on getting a car cover today to protect my car,indeed its white in colour and the pink and black colors will shine throughout on it :)

1. Find a friend who does not drink.
  2. Make him designated driver on the pretext that you want to drive safe.
  3. Tell him to get his car. (Coolant is leaking from your car).
  4. Enjoy!

Holi is not known to be a festival for South Indians. It is more a Northern festival..

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohit (Post 762390)
or else take a loooong drive to bangalore

One of the million reason why I love this place is..since last 9 yrs no one has ever forced me or my vehicles into playing holi clap:

Regards,

Apply coconut oil on cars body same as you does for yourself :)
Bura na mano Holi hai.

^The North Indians down here group up and play Holi. Invite the bunch of us, who mostly decline :p

In North, Its best not to drive on holi because there may be Drunk Truck/taxi/407 trying to play holi with your hondas/ford/Maruti.

People in north have a tendency to drink on holi and get out of control, so avoid travelling & going out in your car or Taxi.

Play safe and have a colorful Holi.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive (Post 762953)
People in north have a tendency to drink on holi and get out of control,

Are you sure this happens only on Holi:p?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 762963)
Are you sure this happens only on Holi:p?

I dont know about the out of control part, but the former happens whenever there are TBHP meets. lol:

Park the car under cover, hire a cab :)