Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 18:07   #1
BHPian

How is the cooling with lack of Rear Ac for Safari LX

Hi all - Am thinking of going for a Safari 2.2 Lx.Impressed by the features of the LX for an entry level model, only drawback i see is the non availability of rear Ac vents. Kindly advise me if the front vents are enough to cool the vehicle in decent time. Also would like to know if any after market options are available for rear vents and the cost.
Old 19th March 2008, 19:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

i think its possible to get the rear ac for around 15k.
Old 19th March 2008, 19:46   #3
BHPian

i am yet to experience it in delhi summer bcoz i bought my beast in august 06 but i think it will work fine.anyways if it doesnt then as akshay said you can have a roof mounted ac fitted for around 15k.
Old 19th March 2008, 19:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

It comes with rear vents. Only the roof mounted ac vents are extra when it comes to HVAC in EX. And an condenser?
Old 19th March 2008, 20:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it has cooling coil along with the blower but shouldnt be a problem unless your safri is jam packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
It comes with rear vents. Only the roof mounted ac vents are extra when it comes to HVAC in EX. And an condenser?
Old 19th March 2008, 21:33   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Hi all - Am thinking of going for a Safari 2.2 Lx.Impressed by the features of the LX for an entry level model, only drawback i see is the non availability of rear Ac vents. Kindly advise me if the front vents are enough to cool the vehicle in decent time. Also would like to know if any after market options are available for rear vents and the cost.
hey,

as dadu has already mentioned, the rear has 2 ac vents inbetween the front seats. the ex and vx have the o/h blower unit.

the o/h blower unit definately cools faster, but even without them, the cooling is adequately quick. if you have people riding on the jumpseats, they are the ones who might get a little hot under the collar!!

not sure of how much the o/h blower costs in delhi - 15k seems slightly optimistic actually.

cheers.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:23   #7
BHPian

Thanks a lot- going by what you guys are saying the cooling should not be too much of an issue especially for Bangalore summers.
Old 24th March 2008, 17:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Not the least.... Unless global warming has affected this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone View Post
Thanks a lot- going by what you guys are saying the cooling should not be too much of an issue especially for Bangalore summers.
Old 24th March 2008, 17:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
i am yet to experience it in delhi summer bcoz i bought my beast in august 06 but i think it will work fine..
Methinks, your system needs re-charging, its time for another meet.....that's August 2007 IIRC
Old 24th March 2008, 18:29   #10
BHPian

oooops sorry bro.i think i am still not through with that last meet.....
Old 12th May 2008, 08:06   #11
BHPian

My situation is simlar to that of DieselOne excepting my vehicle would carry 5 people most of the time but also 6 people often (jump seats will come in to use with stops for alternating on them) and the vehicle will be meant for long highway trips in TN (after all how much will sun films with a single AC compensate in this heat with 6 people).

So while I see much more value in buying the LX and customising it myself for the accessories (still saving a pretty penny), I need the rear o/h ac too. And I prefer the grey interiors.

Problem is, I was told by the sales guy at Wasan Motors (Chembur, Mumbai) that fitting the rear o/h ac can be done for around 20,000/- odd.

However, it would definitely void the warranty on the vehicle.

My query: is this true and has it been confirmed by anybody with any other dealer? I could lift the phone and ask a few of them myself but am hoping somebody on closer terms with a dealer or more familiar with the 2.2 warranty conditions can confirm.

If so an after-fit is out and EX it has to be for me

Another reason I ask this is because it was this same guy (Satish Thaapar at Wasan) who also very 'knowledgeably' told me that the LX is available in Pearl White. Something that seems to have been proven wrong on TBHP elsewhere.

Regards..
Old 12th May 2008, 10:38   #12
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post

However, it would definitely void the warranty on the vehicle.
Strange, why would something fitted by an authorised dealer void the warranty? Dealers install all kinds of after-market non-OEM equipment in cars like music systems, secutity systems, central locking, PW, rear sensors/cameras & AC's. I was under the impression that if you get anything fitted from outside and if there is any cutting of wires, then your warranty is void.

You should consult another dealer here.
Old 13th May 2008, 11:54   #13
BHPian

As others said, u can get a rooftop A/C fitted (OEM One) from Tata for 17K (in Hyderabad at least).

However I have my LX for last 1.5 years and never felt a need for Roof A/C. Jump seaters do suffer but only for 15-20 mins...
Old 14th August 2008, 18:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Is there any dealer in Bangalore who do this ? Concord flatly refused saying this is impossible for them to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
As others said, u can get a rooftop A/C fitted (OEM One) from Tata for 17K (in Hyderabad at least).

However I have my LX for last 1.5 years and never felt a need for Roof A/C. Jump seaters do suffer but only for 15-20 mins...
Old 14th August 2008, 19:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Try manipal or prerana. I wonder why its not possible!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks