Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 10:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Octane / Cetane booster - MP6Ty

I was searching for a Cetane booster and stumbled upon this pill, MP6Ty.

Certified by CIRT, Pune vide report no. ERC/05-06/0599930740/F0211 and many other international organizations.

They even claim to be a multi-solution, Octane / Cetane booster (Octane 1-4 numbers, Cetane upto 6 numbers) as a pill additive, Reduces smoke, increases fuel efficiency and cleans like other additives too.

Also claim to speed up the fuel burn by 25-30%, and can provide combustion efficiency of up to 90%.

Check out their product presentation (interesting) and their certifications.

But the question is if someone here have used it and whom do you buy this from locally, there is no publicity only direct selling like Amway.

I also found this being sold in Italy and therefore the italian members can also comment on this.

Seems good enough, if it works.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:04   #2
BHPian

Hi,
I've seen the advert, does not convince me too much...
Also, certification can be a fake...
I do not think is worth, at least with good grade fuels.
Personally on my Tata, I get similar effects adding 5 to 10% of straight vegetable oil. Increase the diesel lubrication propertys, less smoke, better performance, cheap and ready off the shelf of any supermarket, and it works!

Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Old 25th March 2008, 15:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

you must be kiddin me, right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Personally on my Tata, I get similar effects adding 5 to 10% of straight vegetable oil. Increase the diesel lubrication propertys, less smoke, better performance, cheap and ready off the shelf of any supermarket, and it works!

Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Old 25th March 2008, 15:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well vegetable oil is supposed to work in older engines.
As for this report they have on the website, they did not publish the report "without" the tablet.

And why did they come to India for certification, I am sure there are good labs in Europe
Old 25th March 2008, 15:28   #5
BHPian

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
you must be kiddin me, right!!
dadu, not at all!!!!
I know it sounds silly, but seriously, works great!!! I can tell you that lots of Italians do that, even on dicor engines. The hottest the weather highest is the percentage they add to save on fuel cost... Been the diesel on something like 1.34€ and the oil around 0.65-0.90 per liter, you can also save...
Dozens of threads opened on Italian forums...

Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Old 25th March 2008, 16:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

They are here to sell so the Indian certification, the certifications shows a Diesel Cetane no of 53, the max the oil companies give here is 51.

They have compared the ISO 1460:2000 standards with the actual results in 2nd columns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
And why did they come to India for certification, I am sure there are good labs in Europe
Old 25th March 2008, 17:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

As per the blog mynewtatasafari.com he has better results with STP Diesel addditive compared to System D.

Have PM-ed him to update his views on STP additive on T-BHP.

cheers!
Old 25th March 2008, 18:59   #8
BHPian

Snake Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
They are here to sell so the Indian certification, the certifications shows a Diesel Cetane no of 53, the max the oil companies give here is 51.

They have compared the ISO 1460:2000 standards with the actual results in 2nd columns.
I copy Ignazio.

That "MIracle Pill" is worth more by recycling the wrapping than by putting it in the tank. I do not understand how it is possible to improve both cetane in diesel and octane in gasoline (petrol) with the same product... because diesel and petrol have opposite chemical characteristics !

Diesel detonates.

Petrol must NOT detonate, it needs a spark plug and will burn with flame.

So there.

Save your money and, if you have an old diesel with indirect injection and a low pressure pump (as in old glow-plug diesel engines) try 20% rapeseed oil and 80% diesel... you'll be surprised !!!

Maurizio
Old 25th March 2008, 19:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I saw but STP is difficult to find and costlier too.

I remember I person was looking for a STP engine oil additive for the last 3-4 months and still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
As per the blog mynewtatasafari.com he has better results with STP Diesel addditive compared to System D.

Have PM-ed him to update his views on STP additive on T-BHP.

cheers!
Old 25th March 2008, 19:27   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dadu : the certifications shows a Diesel Cetane no of 53, the max the oil companies give here is 51
Increasing Cetane rating will help till it raches 55. Beyond that, it wont help much, even with today's engines - Common Rail or otherwise.
Quote:
smsrini : As per the blog mynewtatasafari.com he has better results with STP Diesel addditive compared to System D.
Both are used differently. System-D is a use-as-you-go additive. IIRC, STP is one can per tank. Works out more expensive than System-D.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thats the science of it and as endusers we need to ascertain if it is helping or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpescatori View Post
I do not understand how it is possible to improve both cetane in diesel and octane in gasoline (petrol) with the same product... because diesel and petrol have opposite chemical characteristics !
True, but the current cetane no supplied by some oil companies is 51 (meets specs for EuroIII/IV fuel norms) and lesser.

Most of the additives that we use are more of detergents based cleaning up the fuel assembly and slightly enhancing the burn including System-D and STP.

If one searches, you will find that Cetane booster are a different set of additives containing alkyl nitrates etc but none is available in India and MP6ty is the only additive claiming to boost upto 6 numbers of CN and available in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Increasing Cetane rating will help till it raches 55. Beyond that, it wont help much, even with today's engines - Common Rail or otherwise.
Both are used differently. System-D is a use-as-you-go additive. IIRC, STP is one can per tank. Works out more expensive than System-D.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

I had sent a mail to the marketing director and this is their reply along with the table below

Quote:
Yes, MP6ty is absolutely safe as it is a Catalyst made up of same Hydrocarbons as Diesel / Petrol. It is widely used in all kinds of engines across India. I am enclosing here with a usage chart / table for your reference.

Name:  MP6TY.gif
Views: 5733
Size:  18.0 KB

MP6ty is sold directly to customers. The cost per pill is Rs 59.50 ( Rs 595/- per strip of 10 pills ) . In case of buying 10 strips , the cost comes down to 476/- per strip . Taxes are extra. The delivery is through courier borne by the company.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:03   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dadu : ... but none is available in India ...
Check out ELF's EMDFA 200. This product apparantly is the Elf Desol 243, which increases the cetane rating of diesel, and has the usual detergent properties to clean the injectors.

Quote:
dadu : I had sent a mail to the marketing director and this is their reply along with the table below
> It is widely used in all kinds of engines across India.
> MP6ty is sold directly to customers.
Sold widely, Used widely, and yet no one is aware of it !
Attached Thumbnails
Octane / Cetane booster - MP6Ty-elf-emdfa200.jpg  

Old 26th March 2008, 13:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am not their marketing agent but am only posting the information I got, as none of us was aware about it.

And before you posted I wasnt even aware about the ELF EMDFA 200 too.

But now we know!!!

Last edited by dadu : 26th March 2008 at 13:15.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:15   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

The kind of statements these guys make. Even 15% savings is optimistic. Forget 35%

Check this out : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/531354-post32.html

Last edited by condor : 26th March 2008 at 13:19.

Most Viewed