Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 01:33   #16
BHPian

Perfect. This thought had just come into my mind 2 days ago! Can you believe it?
I drive an old Astra which has become quite old now (Way over 1 Lakh and about 10 yrs!!!)
The engine i feel has either lost it's original power or i guess newer cars are very light and also have better engines. Whatever be the thing, the Astra may be getting sold in the near future.

I am very attached to it and it is my 1st car and even learnt driving on it. So it got me thinking that cant i rebuild it or change the engine like people do in shows like "Overhaulin". I would make my car even better than new with a more powerful engine perhaps. It has always been my dream since i started watching the show. But then thought of the lack of such restoration expertise here in India.

Anyways buying a new car will cost more than a restoration job. So can someone point me in the right direction as perhaps i may just end up with a rocking Astra

As of now, i cant commit to it as i might be changing address (if so, then the car will definately be sold) but if the topic can get started then in the event of me staying, i will try my best to make this dream into a reality.

PS: The car is in good condition as it is used daily and is my primary method of commuting. Pictures can be seen in my garage.

Also, sorry for hijacking this thread. If things get moving, then will start a new one.

Last edited by Xehaust : 6th April 2008 at 01:44.
Old 6th April 2008, 01:40   #17
BHPian

Also, TS, if you think you can devote time and effort, then id say go for it by all means.
The picture by JayD seems very promising. But remember, the money is ok, but the real thing that matters here is that if you can devote your time and effort. If not, then it is of no use.

Last edited by Xehaust : 6th April 2008 at 01:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks