Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 12:58   #1
BHPian

Planning to rebuild matiz

Hi everyone,
I have a 2000 model matiz and don't know what to do with it.I can't even sell it as won't get more than 30,000Rs .I was thinking of modifying my car first and most imortant engine transplant can someone suggest if there is any engine which can fit in matiz bonnet and the approximate cost of fitting a new engine if available also was planning to fit new suspensions as suspensions have become useless. does any one know a garage which will help me do this.If new engine is not possible should i fit k&n filters.So basically i want to rebuild my car can anyone guess the approximate cost to rebuild matiz(if possible)
Old 25th March 2008, 16:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Only 30 grand? I thought that the Chevy Spark introduction would have a rub-off effect on Matiz resale values. Either ways, why spend more on the car than its worth? Unless you have sentimental value attached (Me and my Jeep, Rudra and his Amby), it is a pointless exercise.

I'd say....either sell it off, or get it up and running for the most minimal cost. Don't waste your time with engine swaps on a Matiz.
Old 25th March 2008, 17:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey, does the car run currently ? Or has it been sitting around for a long time unused ?

If you want to retain it, I would think the best thing to do would be to get it back into shape (tinkering, paint job, service, engine work etc etc). There is nothing more pleasing to the eye than seeing an old car that has been maintained well.

With GM supporting Matiz, spares should not be an issue, I guess.
Old 25th March 2008, 18:49   #4
BHPian

Go ahead with it if the car is of sentimental value.
or else dont waste your time/energy/money.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:03   #5
Team-BHP Support

is it completely run down? how many kms has it clocked? decent cars will fetch 75 to 1 lakh.

Dont go engine swap direction, there are few engines around which will sit in that bay. Best is some minor tuning from "the tuners"
Old 27th March 2008, 01:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

30k?? U U selling it as scrap or somethin?? Good cars go between 90-1.25K. And in the engine bay of the matiz, u can't even get the basic tools inside, so forget about engine swaps. Put on a K&N filter, and do some basic visual stuff like alloys, and enjoy the car!!
Old 4th April 2008, 15:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
is it completely run down? how many kms has it clocked? decent cars will fetch 75 to 1 lakh.

Dont go engine swap direction, there are few engines around which will sit in that bay. Best is some minor tuning from "the tuners"

no its not completely run down but there are a few minor problems,its clocked to 1lakh
Old 4th April 2008, 16:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

How about something like this??
Attached Thumbnails
Planning to rebuild matiz-my-ride.jpg  

Old 4th April 2008, 22:46   #9
BANNED

If you are in Bangy, would love to offer some help.

View my Garage for the Matiz that we have.

Just get it ready to stock.

Max cost for certain job would be.

Engine rebuild - 30000/-
Complete ground up resto and painting-25000/-
Nice set of seat covers - 2500/-
Nice set of Alloys and tyres-25000/-

Complete ready car as good as brand new-Rs. 75000-80000/-

Game for it let me know.
Old 4th April 2008, 23:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
If you are in Bangy, would love to offer some help.

View my Garage for the Matiz that we have.
Just get it ready to stock.
Max cost for certain job would be.
Engine rebuild - 30000/-
Complete ground up resto and painting-25000/-
Nice set of seat covers - 2500/-
Nice set of Alloys and tyres-25000/-
Complete ready car as good as brand new-Rs. 75000-80000/-
Game for it let me know.
I agree. Its not worth letting her go for such a low rate. Do her up well and she'll serve u well for a long time. There's really no better city car than it!
Post some pix of your car TS, so we can assess its condition. Where is the car presently??
Old 5th April 2008, 00:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

I suggest - sell it. add the money you were going to invest on it and buy something else.
Old 5th April 2008, 11:47   #12
BHPian

Nice job jayd, I will post pics as soon as possible ,my car is currently in pune and same colour as yours and would love to do what you have done with that matiz
Old 5th April 2008, 11:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hey, does the car run currently ? Or has it been sitting around for a long time unused ?

If you want to retain it, I would think the best thing to do would be to get it back into shape (tinkering, paint job, service, engine work etc etc). There is nothing more pleasing to the eye than seeing an old car that has been maintained well.

With GM supporting Matiz, spares should not be an issue, I guess.
I asked a GM dealer in pune and he told me that they don't haver spare parts of matiz
Old 5th April 2008, 12:39   #14
BHPian

team suzuki, I would encourage you to 'restore' the car to its original condition. There is nothing more satisfying than bringing a car back to the same glory when it rolled out of the showroom. There is so much help available on this forum, you will never be short of anything, be it spares, technical know-how or inspiration. See Edmund's Maruti 800. And believe me the whole experience; spending hours at the workshop around your car, getting to know its engine, suspension, etc, is quite something. Once you have finished, you feel as if you now really know the car. It is nothing short of a personal redemption!

I spent almost 40,000 and 3 months restoring my '87 Padmini, which otherwise would have sold for a paltry 15,000 bucks. But it was a great learning experience for me. It has been 3 years since I worked on the Padmini and I am still enjoying the attention the car gets each time I take her for a spin.
Old 5th April 2008, 23:31   #15
BANNED

newcoolgadgets i agree with you,

team suzuki, you'll never find any trouble finding spares for your matiz in Bangalore.

My mech is trained by Deawoo and knows each and every gully any spare is avlble for matiz.

Pls post some pics.

Dont sell but do it up for the emotional value, else let me know...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks