Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 12:26   #16
BHPian

[quote=amitwiz1]Accent does have a seperate button for the rear defogger./QUOTE]
FALSE. It has a switch for rear defogger on the dashboard next to the hazard light switch.
I have a 2007 Accent. AC does not automatically ON in the Front Defogger position. AC has to be MANUALLY ON.
Old 12th April 2008, 08:56   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Dear Friends,

I own a Hyundai Accent GLS 2000 model. Whenever I turn on just the fan (blower) and not press the AC switch specifically, while the blower switch is directed to the windscreen defogger mode or to the windscreen defogger cum blower to the legs mode, the AC automatically turns on.

In any mode other than windscreen defogger, if i have the blower pointed to legs, or face, or both face and legs etc, AC turns on only when i specifically turn on the AC switch. Otherwise just the blower runs - which is normal.

I understand that AC turning on automatically in the windscreen defogger mode is not normal. AC should turn on only when I specifically press the AC button, right?

Please confirm if I have got it right? If so, what must be the problem? Do I have to rectify it or is it a rule that the windscreen defogger is operated only with the AC and I should not bother about it?

I look forward to your kind responses. If there are any doubts as to my problem, please seek clarifications. I would be glad to give further information.

Regards,
Harsha
Harsha, I hope that you are talking about the front windshield.

In electronic AC Controls, the automatic *switch-on* of the Compressor during windshield clearing modes (Demist/defrost) is done to ensure that you have "dehumidified air" blown at the windshield. The running of AC compressor guarantees that.

With the compressor OFF, the moist air from the atmosphere blown at the windshield will only worsen the fogging situation since it might condense on the windshield. Hope you got it!

However, I am unsure whether the 2000 Accent had a electronic AC control.

In short, the setting is RIGHT. >DVR
Old 12th April 2008, 12:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have getz prime 2007 model. AC does not automatically ON in the Front Defogger position. AC has to be MANUALLY ON.

But there is no seperate switch for rear defogger.
Old 28th April 2008, 12:28   #19
BHPian

thank you friends, your comments were very useful. i guess i will let the setting remain as it is then. better not disturb a hornet's nest!
Could any of you please throw light on when and how i am supposed to use the windscreen defogger/ demister? whether i should keep it on hot or cold? whether i should keep the windows raised or low?
Thanks again!
Cheers,
Harsha

Most Viewed