Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2008, 23:25   #16

Petra 2004 1.6 EL PS totally messed up by Prerana

Guys, I am having serious issues with Prerana motors, Kr puram. My dad's petra totally stalled on d road after driving 4 kms one afternoon. After inspecting under the hood he realized that the coolant had leaked from a damaged hose. He earlier had issues with jerking when the throttle was opened r closed. We called a local mechanic from United motors but he said its was difficult for him to procure the part and so we called up prerana to tow the vehicle which they did on Sunday after talking to the manager Samihulla. Tuesday I get a call from VijayKumar, the dude who is attending the car saying that the 2 injectors not functioning and has to be replaced(each one cost 4K). It was shocking but we dint have any option we gave a go ahead. He calls up later in the evening and says that the injectors are fine as the problem still exists after replacing the injectors. Then he says the problem lies in the engine head and needs to be opened up, After much hesitation we gave him the permission to on phone. He calls up later in the evening saying that the piston and head are totally damaged. Shocking after what he said, we went to inspect the vehicle today afternoon, the damage to the piston, head and the wall was disastrous. We had no clue how it could be damaged to that extent and there was n reason to. After much discussion and debating, Samihulla says that the valve has cut due to the heat and then damaged the piston and head. But if the engine reached those temperatures it would have stalled immediately. Having no other go, we took the estimate which lands us upto 1 L !!!! We ask him to look towards other alternatives like local lathe, workshop etc. Had a word with Javali after comming bak (wish I knew abt him or Hari prasad earlier) He say the problem might be due to the timing belt damage the engine misfired and mistimed after which the piston could have damaged the valve and broken it and then damaged the head and piston (which makes sense to me) I am not sure how to take this forward. I had a simple issues to jerking and collant leakage due to hose pipe damage and I have a huge bill and a nice car, which is totally messed up for no fault of mine !!

Thank god, my OHC type 2 is working like a gem!! Whew.

Any suggestion on how to take this forward is most welcomed.....

--
Abhinethra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks