Re: Gurgaon Mechanic info needed?

Guys, any pointers ? Help
Old 14th November 2013, 14:35   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Guys, any pointers ? Help
I recommend Rakesh Automobiles at Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon.

He regularly works on high end cars like Corollas, Superbs, Camrys, Accords and the like for all kinds of jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Thanks! Are they good for all kinds of works: mecahnical, engine, denting/painting and electricals? Who are some of the good senior mechanics there?

Also, can you recommend a Maruti genuine spare parts shop nearby to RA? Earlier I was in Delhi and there was no dearth of genuine spare parts but Gurgaon is a challenge for me.

Any recommendations for a good accessories shop? I guess New Gurgaon side of the town is expensive generally!
Sorry, didnt see your post.

Yes they are very good for all kinds of jobs.
Rakesh owns the place and is a totally hands on gent in his fifties.

MGPs are sold at a lot of places in old Gurgaon and Rakesh has a spare part outlet too. For accessories, I recommend Batra Car Care, which is around 200 mts from RA.

Last edited by n.devdath : 14th November 2013 at 14:38.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 11:17   #33
BHPian

Maruti Genuine Parts are sold by ALVA Motors opp. telephone exchange on
the old delhi road. They are MGP distributors for Gurgaon.
Old 27th January 2014, 12:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I recommend Rakesh Automobiles at Atul Kataria Chowk, Gurgaon.

He regularly works on high end cars like Corollas, Superbs, Camrys, Accords and the like for all kinds of jobs.

Hi There,

I've got an Optra with a whole bunch of minor electrical and other works that need to be done. My mechanic in Sector 57 is honest, but considering he hasn't been able to tend to my issues, i dont think he is that great ! The vehicle is CNG fitted - does Rakesh have a CNG guy on board as well? Do let me know his contact details..

Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Ok here we go. Now let us assume that you are approaching IFFCO chowk from the Mall road; then drive straight under the flyover to the other side of NH8, that is generally called the Old Gurgaon. You'll find a HP petrol bunk just after crossing under the flyover. Drive straight and you'll reach a roundabout which has the Statue of Rana Pratap on Chetak. Turn right from the roundabout which is the old Delhi road and drive straight. You'll reach another roundabout called the Atul kataria chowk. Now as you approach this roundabout you shall find a road immediately dipping towards the left like a U turn to the left. leave that and approach the roundabout.

Now a road leads to the left called the Sheetla Mata Road. Go 500 metres down this road and on the left you shall see some small workshops. Ask anyone of them for Rakesh Automobiles' location. You shall be guided there.

You can give my reference to Rakesh..
gd1418 - Could i give your reference please ? Do inbox details if possible !

Thanks !

Last edited by bblost : 27th January 2014 at 12:38.
Old 27th January 2014, 14:01   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
does Rakesh have a CNG guy on board as well? Do let me know his contact details..
Thanks !
gd1418 - Could i give your reference please ? Do inbox details if possible !

Thanks !
Yes, Rakesh has a couple of CNG experts and handles a lot of CNG cars.

You can give gd_1418 (Gurudutt) or my (Dev from Bangalore) reference when you go to him.
Old 27th January 2014, 14:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:

You can give gd_1418 (Gurudutt) or my (Dev from Bangalore) reference when you go to him.
Brilliant !! Thanks a bunch guys. , I shall write in on feedback once i meet him.

Cheers !
Old 25th March 2014, 11:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:

So I finally got myself to take time out and spoke to Rakesh Ji on a friday evening, and he asked me to be present at his shop at 9. I met him and he took the car for a spin and immediately pointed out certain issues that needed looking into , primarily, suspension and bearing overhall. Note - the main reason i wanted a good mechanic was to sort out a few electrical issues that i had. .. however after spending almost 12 hrs at the shop, they finished the suspension work, servicing including engine decarb.... After a 12k invoice, the car definitely runs better, but there are still a bunch of things that's not done. Please note - Rakesh does not have an electrician and appoints the services of a guy next door who is an absolute ass. Just because it was minor work, he should least interest, told me he will come and check the car while the other mechs were at it, and disappeared. I had to call him thrice - all three times he came, peeped, and disappeared ! This probably happened because Rakesh left by noon for some personal work and hence the boys were having a field day maybe. Oh and icing on the cake - while washing the car, the boys worsened the electrical issue - my indicators and headlights stopped working, and my 50k ICE set up started acting psycho ! !! So .. the indicator they could not figure out ( and i was too exhausted to bother) , its been a month, it still doesn't work and my daft local mechanic cant figure either !! The headlamps they managed to rectify ... and for my music, i had to go to request Batra ji from Batra car care to take a look at whats wrong at 9.30 pm !

Oh and Rakesh does not have CNG experts either. Need to get that looked at by someone else. Any recommendations ?

Overall a mixed bag of experiences .. I was wondering if anyone has any contacts for a good , if not , decent mechanic around the Sector 57 Area of Gurgaon ? I still need to rectify a bunch of minor niggles - i might end up back at Rakesh's if there is no other go !

Thanks a bunch once again guys !
Old 9th August 2015, 16:59   #38
BHPian

After reading the opinions here, I went to Rakesh for an engine overhaul.
A few opinions :
1. His mechanics are knowledgeable and him too. They can identify your problem under their limits(Will explain this later)
2. Good spare parts, but most are non-genuine parts apart from MGP.
3. His mech's do not take care of your car, they leave grease marks all over and while he was doing my corolla's clutch job, they scratched my quarter panel with the lower shield while removing it.
4. They have too much crowd and too less space. Customer attention is quite less.
5. Mr. Rakesh,a good knowledged man with a little ego on his head. He can diagnose the problem and instruct his mechanics but if you are unhappy with the solution he will ask you to get it done somewhere else.

I went for an overhaul and the car came out well enough although the paint job was worse than roadside painters. I thought post the overhaul the steering had a noise as there was a steering overhaul too and communicated the same to him.
He told me after 100-200kms the noise will fade off. After a day or two, an running of 150 Kms, the engine noise was pretty much there and a new problem developed.
The engine used to shut off at random intervals after heating normal and then wouldn't start till the time its cooled.
Once the engine started, the error code P340 would come up which translates to a camshaft sensor or wiring issue. The sensor isn't there in the Esteem, and I was told I will have to show it to an electrician which I promptly did.
The electrician diagnosed it as a Starter Motor issue, which was replaced by a new Denso Motor. He also blamed the noise on a compressor bearing which was changed. Now post 1 week the noise is still there and so is the problem.

Upon going to the electrician he says let the car run in, the problem isn't because of the camshaft and the noise is blame on the Steering Pump which should have been rectified during the overhaul as a full week was given!
But Mr. Rakesh on phone gently says "Please show the problem to somebody else, as I have diagnosed it." Upon which I tell him " I have spent 35000 on the car, you have to help me out as the work was done as your garage"
He says " Not my problem, please show it to somebody else"

Problems with Rakesh Motors
1. Labour Costs are high and comparable to FNG's with much better infra and better handling mechanics.
2. Smooth Talker, will convince you the problem is not on his side.
3. The Labour doesn't care about your car or the parts.
4. Delays are a common part, I was told my car would be given on the fourth day but took a full week.
5. Ignorant about the customer, the man needs a self check. His ego is princely. Understandable that a lot of cars go to him, but there's a way of talking when somebody being a college kid is spending about half a lakh on work done by him.

Thanks.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:17   #39

Hey guys,
Can anyone here recommend a tried & tested mechanic / workshop in Gurgaon familiar with Toyotas for regular service and mechanical repairs?
Old 28th November 2018, 20:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Please suggest me a trusted garage/mechanic to get EGR Valve Cleaning and MAF Sensor Cleaning of my Swift Diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks