Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2008, 10:22   #1
BHPian

Gurgaon Mechanic info needed?

Hey All,
I need to get some electrical work done on my car this weekend in Gurgaon and I was wondering if you can recommend or direct me to a repair garage or car mechanic who is well versed in electrical repairs. If the mechanic has more experience working on Cielo's of the past, that would be an added bonus.

This is what I need to get done:
1) Dashboard lights do not come on and switch for front and rear fog lamps and rear defogger are not working. All Fuses have been checked and are okay. Suspect here is a shorted wire or non functioning relay. I need someone to check this with a multimeter and replace wire \ relay.

2) CD changer earthing seems to be loose or connecter to HU is loose. CD does not skip but music cuts out randomly. Need this to be looked into.

3) When brakes are deployed, battery light starts glowing - Not sure where this issue is stemming from.

4) This is not electrical but I need a minor touch up job done on the rear bumper - Any decent body shops in or around Gurgaon?

I need a 'value' mechanic who will not rip me off for these minor jobs as I am not prepared to sink in more money into essentially what is a "Kabadiwalas Dream on wheels".

Suman, GD Bhai, Krazydriver, other NCR memebers - Any info on this?

Thanks,
vcash

Last edited by vcash : 3rd April 2008 at 10:24.
Old 3rd April 2008, 18:46   #2
BHPian

@ Vcash

Hey buddy, welcome to Gurgaon.
GD was the one who introduced me to this mechanic. and apparently he is very good and VFM as well.

Its Rakesh Automobiles- rakesh Sharma - 9811580697 - He is near the Sector -14 roundabout.

he has his own garage

Hope this was helpful, feel free to contact me if you need any more help. By the way we are having a meet on the 11th or 12th. why don't you join us. It will be fun to have you there.
Old 3rd April 2008, 19:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
@ Vcash

Hey buddy, welcome to Gurgaon.
GD was the one who introduced me to this mechanic. and apparently he is very good and VFM as well.

Its Rakesh Automobiles- rakesh Sharma - 9811580697 - He is near the Sector -14 roundabout.

he has his own garage

Hope this was helpful, feel free to contact me if you need any more help. By the way we are having a meet on the 11th or 12th. why don't you join us. It will be fun to have you there.
Thanks Buddy - Will be there on the 11th / 12th. Just PM me the details. Where exactly is sector 14? I know IFCCO chowk and live in DLF Phase V (Near GD).
Old 3rd April 2008, 20:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ok here we go. Now let us assume that you are approaching IFFCO chowk from the Mall road; then drive straight under the flyover to the other side of NH8, that is generally called the Old Gurgaon. You'll find a HP petrol bunk just after crossing under the flyover. Drive straight and you'll reach a roundabout which has the Statue of Rana Pratap on Chetak. Turn right from the roundabout which is the old Delhi road and drive straight. You'll reach another roundabout called the Atul kataria chowk. Now as you approach this roundabout you shall find a road immediately dipping towards the left like a U turn to the left. leave that and approach the roundabout.

Now a road leads to the left called the Sheetla Mata Road. Go 500 metres down this road and on the left you shall see some small workshops. Ask anyone of them for Rakesh Automobiles' location. You shall be guided there.

You can give my reference to Rakesh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Thanks Buddy - Will be there on the 11th / 12th. Just PM me the details. Where exactly is sector 14? I know IFCCO chowk and live in DLF Phase V (Near GD).

Last edited by gd1418 : 3rd April 2008 at 20:47.
Old 5th April 2008, 09:48   #5
BHPian

Hi gd & krazydriver, how good is this rakesh for denting and painting.
I need to get my front left fender and rear left door some denting and painting job for my Fiat Adventure. the color is metallic silver.
or is there any other shop which you can suggest?
Old 6th April 2008, 17:08   #6
BHPian

Hey Raghav,

I haven't exactly gt any body work dont from him, you can definitely PM Gd about it. He gets all his stuff done from him.

And how come we haven't seen you around for the meets? Follow up on the thread Delhi/NCR meet on 11th/12th for updates under the The Team Bhp meet section., and lets meet up at the next meet.
Old 6th April 2008, 20:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Pretty good and decent raghav. VFM.

And Vcash, I came to know that you had visited rakesh Automobiles for some work on your Cielo or rather "kabaadiwallahs dream on wheels". I loved that name for the Cielo...

Can you post your experience at the garage here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Hi gd & krazydriver, how good is this rakesh for denting and painting.
I need to get my front left fender and rear left door some denting and painting job for my Fiat Adventure. the color is metallic silver.
or is there any other shop which you can suggest?
Old 6th April 2008, 22:28   #8
BHPian

HI GD & Krazzydriver,

I visited rakesh automobiles, he saw my dents and told me they are dry dents and no need for any painiting.
Now he don't deal in dry dents, so he refered me to another shop "malik". i went there and he said dent can be removed within 2-3 hours, and at a charge of only 1000.
Now i have visited two dealers of FIAT. And if you ask some senior person from FIAT he will reccomend to these two service centers only, Sanya motors at mayapuri and Vivek Automoboles at Mathura road. I have gone to both places, and both said ki they will do whole denting and painting, and bith gave a estimate of 5000+. So.....
Its hell lot of a difference. I suppose if i go with insurance, i have to pay 1000 in anycase, and i will also loose some 2500-3000 on no claim bonus.
Anyways i also wanted to put a steel pipe at the rear of my car. Somewaht similar to what we saw in innova's and tavera's. But I want a customised one for my car, which has exact curve of the rear bumper. Til now I haven't found anyone. So I am thinking of geting it done by a welding shop, then i can give it to any car denting painting shop to colour it(i want it in powder coating black color).
And yaa krazydriver, lets meet at the forthcoming meet, I hope there is a lot to know from our fellow team-bhp members.

Last edited by hrsraghav : 6th April 2008 at 22:39.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Pretty good and decent raghav. VFM.

And Vcash, I came to know that you had visited rakesh Automobiles for some work on your Cielo or rather "kabaadiwallahs dream on wheels". I loved that name for the Cielo...

Can you post your experience at the garage here?

Hi gd418, I too am looking for a decent dent repair, my car got hit on the side with a sumo with the doors buckled in, no damage to glass.

Will Rakesh Automobiles guy be able to work on this ? Need a quick reply as I need to go there today itself.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:38   #10
BHPian

Is it just a dent or some paint is also scrapped?
If paint is intac then the dent can be removed by dry denting.
If you proceed further on the same road, you will get a stretch of car repair shops.
One Malik dry denting shop is famous. Quite good, i have removed my dents 2 times there.
Its better you put some pics of dent.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you proceed further on the same road, you will get a stretch of car repair shops.
One Malik dry denting shop is famous. Quite good, i have removed my dents 2 times there.
Thanks hsraghav, I went to sector 14 and got it done, the dent has been removed but due to usage of tools the paint in that area is not that good and shows dots ( I have a black santro). Guess the whole door needs to have a repaint now.
Old 27th October 2009, 17:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Thanks hsraghav, I went to sector 14 and got it done, the dent has been removed but due to usage of tools the paint in that area is not that good and shows dots ( I have a black santro). Guess the whole door needs to have a repaint now.
If the paint is just faded in that dot areas then maybe you can put some wax over ther, and it wont look that bad.
But if its scratched and showing lower base colour, then you need to get it repainted.

If its just faded, first just put some diesel on that area, and after some time rwipe it off, then just after that put some good wax over there. Formula 1 or 3m. when it is dried, then wipe it off and buff with soft cloth.
Even if this doesnt help, then you can use some rubbing compund, 3m is good and mild too. Apply it very lightly, then repeat the above process. But it wont help if the paint is altogether gone in that area or spots. Also dont use rubbing compound heavily or with too much pressure.
Just rub for some tme and then se whether its not removing too much of paint. Its like if anyways you are going to repaint the door, so better try out the other options
Old 30th October 2009, 19:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the paint is just faded in that dot areas then maybe you can put some wax over ther, and it wont look that bad.
But if its scratched and showing lower base colour, then you need to get it repainted.
thanks for the input, will try this sunday.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:06   #14
BHPian

Re: Gurgaon Mechanic info needed?

Sorry to open up such an old post, but I just have a small question. How is the paint matching done by this Rakesh guy? Does he use some sort of computerized color matching technique. My car needs a whole body panel painted and my regular mechanic advised me to go to a place which has computerized paint matching for best results.
Old 25th August 2011, 13:18   #15
BHPian

Re: Gurgaon Mechanic info needed?

Quote:
Can you please help me with the location or the contact details of Malik? I need some dents removed from my Honda City. Also are there recommendations on a good paint shop in Gurgaon? I can see people recommending autopsyche, but I am not sure they have a body shop (i.e. dent removal) too.

Thanks
Suman

Most Viewed