Team-BHP - Every Swift has an Illumination control
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Every Swift has an Illumination control (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/37833-every-swift-has-illumination-control.html)

This may sound useless to the ones who are aware, but I bet atleast 50% of the Swift owners are ignorant about this. More so, because in a different thread it shows that most were unaware of the rear fog light in all Swifts!

Yes! I just discovered yesterday that my 3 year old Swift has an illumination control (as in Dzire).

stupid:

Erm, whats an Illumination control ?

and how do you control it?

Adjust the meter light brightness.

Switch on the park lights and press the switch for odo, the 4th option will show a set of progress bar, long press at this position will increase and decrease the meter console brightness.

You can adjust the brightness of the Speedo, Tacho, fuel guage etc at the night. Simple shuffle through the little probe provided to reset your odo & trip meter unitll you reach a symbol which shows like this

(000)

Now keep the probe pressed for 3 secs until the display changes to (00).
Got it? More the "0", brighter the dials.

:D

wooah! I never knew this! Let me try this now itself!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkibike (Post 781995)
Are you reffering the HL beam adjuster?!

Or else.... You mean a brightness control for that orange colored light inside gauges and climate control screen???! If yes... WOW!!! How can we do that?! Lemme know!

Yes buddy, I am refering to the 'Brightness controll' ! Just try as given in my post above.

It has been described in a dzire thread by me how to control the illumination control of the illumination panel.It would be a repeat thread ,so request mods to merge it.
ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 782037)
It has been described in a dzire thread by me how to control the illumination control of the illumination panel.It would be a repeat thread ,so request mods to merge it.
ram

Ram,

No offence ment, but dont you think this would be an OT discussion in the Dzire thread?

It is not a long subject of discussion and the intention of the thread is to educate swift guys on the illumination control.So all swift owners are keen on the dzire developments and so the same purpose is served.
I dont mind this continuing here but it was just a suggestion buddie.
ram

So Swift owners are learning from Dzire owners :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akash_m
Simple shuffle through the little probe provided to reset your odo & trip meter unitll you reach a symbol which shows like this
(000). Now keep the probe pressed for 3 secs until the display changes to (00). Got it? More the "0", brighter the dials.

Thanks for the info, guys. I did not know about this and when last week I came across the '0000' while shuffling thru the odometer and 2 tripmeters, I thought that the odo/trip meter conked. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 782110)
Thanks for the info, guys. I did not know about this and when last week I came across the '0000' while shuffling thru the odometer and 2 tripmeters, I thought that the odo/trip meter conked. :Frustrati

I thought it there was some bug when I got the 000. Good to know this.

Thanks Akash for posting it here for the benefit of Swift owners.

I believe the purpose of the thread is fulfilled as the steps to adjust illumination is mentioned here now.

Thread Closed