Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 15:57   #1
BHPian

Need advice - Placement of temp sender

Hi guys, need a bit of advice on performance gauges...

I've had porting, polishing, & a compression job done on my Alto's engine. For the past few months I've been having a "feeling" that under-hood temperatures are much hotter than they used to be. A 30-minute drive with very light throttle can get the engine awfully hot ! My fear was compounded when a friend & fellow team-bhp-ian, who'd done the exact same mods as mine, at the same shop, developed cooling issues in his Lancer, albeit after a few vigorous circuits of the MMSC track

A few weeks ago, I stuck on a couple of temperature strips on the valve covers to get some basic data - I was seeing temperatures of around 85 degrees C. Now, the stock temperature gauge has never ventured into the hot zone, & I've not noticed extended running of the radiator fan. But not wanting to take any chances, I've gone & ordered a temperature gauge.

What I would like to know is, what is the best place to place the sender ? Should I graft it into the radiator hose like how Defi recommends it, or should I place it elsewhere ? From what I've read, the water pump and the thermostat housings seem to be ideal candidates.

What temperature should one be measuring anyway, the temperature of the water from block to radiator, or the temperature of the water from the radiator back to the block ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks