Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 00:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that have absolutely no value-add to the topic are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2008 at 16:29.
v1p3r is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th April 2008, 00:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

A vaccum pipe giving away so early, would always raise questions as to what next. But Congratulations as the problem was resolved.

I have a Ford car which actually gave me a lot of issues with same parts going bad all the time.
Old 16th April 2008, 00:08   #78
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
if i were you i wouldn't have paid a dime. its just a 2 week old car dude! i would have dragged them to consumer redressal forum.
For what, for a volutary oil change??? Swashbuckling one-upmanship is not going to get a customer anywhere whether TATA or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Before going off for the Orissa trip, I had the oil replaced at around 5000 km and also had a flush with Bardahl Engine Tuneup.

The costs were

Bardahl - Rs 675

HP Milcy 15w40 - Rs 1232 [7.7 L @ Rs160]

Assembly oil filter - Rs 175

Engine filter change- Rs 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
My bill came upto Rs 2990. with oil (Rs 188 x 7.5 lt = Rs 1410.00), filter (Rs 182.00) changed, Engine flushed(Rs 759.00) and Bardahl new engine additive - this extra than me and the bill is almost the same (Rs 478.00) added. The workshop GM himself emphasised on this. After all their contribution over the past 2 days I felt obliged and agreed.

Last edited by adc : 16th April 2008 at 00:20.
Old 16th April 2008, 01:06   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
For what, for a volutary oil change??? Swashbuckling one-upmanship is not going to get a customer anywhere whether TATA or whatever.
Dude!! voluntary oil change on a 15 days old car.

that something very new.!
Old 16th April 2008, 01:42   #80
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You missed this??? Just a few posts above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDHRUV View Post
As my odometer was now reading 960 km I requested the TASS to take up for 1st service with oil change and engine flush.
Indulging in some promotional banter - Days hardly interests a Safari owner, kilometres do. But then how to explain the ownership passion - we have n number of people with Safari crossing 1000 km in the first 2-7 days.

Anyway now all's well that ends well - let him now enjoy his MP tour withou any apprehensions.

BTW Sir Alec do enjoy reading your other posts - definitely quite informative.

Last edited by adc : 16th April 2008 at 02:02.
Old 16th April 2008, 01:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sir, the oil change was done based on the kms covered, not days elapsed.
Old 16th April 2008, 01:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu
Good to know that it was resolved, but I thought they already did an inspection for air leakage in the turbo!!
I'm guessing that's the tube from/to the wastegate actuator, hence leading to boost loss, and so forth...

Interesting turn of events. Thankfully, everything's normal now, eh....all's well, if it ends well.
Old 16th April 2008, 01:48   #83
BHPian

Good To Hear That Your Safari Is Fixed.. Mine One Still The Same.. No Hearing From Tata So Far. Went To Tass For A Check Up They Refused By Saying That I Have Aftermarket Xenon Fixed Which Tampers The Wiring Jus A Normal Excuse So Far. Asked Their Engineer As No Sluggishness Was Found It Is Alright To Drive The Car Some Sensor Failure They Say, But I Dont Trust Them. Will Send Them A Notice From Court In This Week If They Donot Fix The Problem.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 02:51. Reason: Please avoid capitalizing all words for the sake of readability. (Change the setting on your mobile device?)
Old 16th April 2008, 06:31   #84
BHPian

I think the oil's SAE grade is correct i.e. 15-40 but not the API i.e. CF-4.You require CH-4 and higher for 2.2 I guess.

Thanks,
rb2399
Old 16th April 2008, 07:33   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ankure : Will Send Them A Notice From Court In This Week If They Donot Fix The Problem.
I suggest that you hold off the legal approach for later. At this time, have another dealer try replacing that pipe. You could even try it yourself. Or if you dont get the spares, go to a TASC - they will have access to the spares outlet.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

Yes, thats an external wastegate with single port boost control(which was failing due to leakage).

Seems like a 40mm/44mm wastegate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
I'm guessing that's the tube from/to the wastegate actuator, hence leading to boost loss, and so forth...

Interesting turn of events. Thankfully, everything's normal now, eh....all's well, if it ends well.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:40   #87
Senior - BHPian

I am just plainly surprised. One cannot carry every tiny equipment in spare yaar.

Or here's my guess. Like they replaced the tubing from the demo safari - they'd prolly done that to someone else from your safari. Which explains why your beast got the problem so early.
Old 16th April 2008, 10:53   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankure View Post
Dude i am facing the same problem wid my safari 2.2
The service light appears as the RPM dips from 2000-1500 and then suddenly dissapears.. showed my vechicle around 10 times to malwa auto , panipat but they cant fix it .. the service engineer claimed that the Common Rail has a fault and will be replaced but now they deny this as they do not have a common rail and say it ok to run the vehicle like this with service light..
they are not ready to change the faulty common rail .. i have mailed tata regional head office but no reply from them.. think i ll file a case against them..
Ankure, could you explain your problem in more detail. Does it appear every time when rpm dips from 2000 rpm to 1000 rpm. If so it should happen every time you shift gears. Does this also appear when the rpm rises from 1000 to 2000 rpm.
If the vehicle doesn't show any sluggishnes or reduction in performance then the turbo, vacuum line should be fine. Please find out the error codes generated by the diagnostics. As the service light disappears on its own it would be better if you request the TASS to hook up the laptop and then go for a test drive thereby the TASS would be able to record the dynamic readings when the SERVICE light pops up.
My humble advice do not jump for the legal option right now.Try to locate the problem first, in the worst case your case will be more convincing.
Be polite but firm with the TASS, you need them on your side to diagnose. Please try to convince them that if it is an issue related to wiring cut then the SERVICE light should be on throughout once lit not related to rpm in this fashion. Use them to diagnose and then decide whether issue is covered in warranty or warranty is void due to wire cut. Even if you end up paying due to genuinely warranty being void it will be cheaper than legal costs. Take your call after locating the problem.
If you are not happy with your present TASS, start afresh with some other TASS in your area. Proceed step by step and do keep posting your progress.
Old 16th April 2008, 11:23   #89
BHPian

dadu,veyron1: you are correct that was exactly the case.

jk, Rs 478 for the new BARDAHL engine oil additive and Rs 759 for the BARDAHL BG 105 Quick engine clean flush. Like I said earlier not sure if it was actually required at this stage.

svsantosh,gd1418: This vacuum tube having part no 278914115840 is not in stock with either the TASS or TATA MOTORS currently. The TASS storekeeper said something to the effect that on checking online with their SIEBEL (erp/sap)systems, it is not yet a part of the service parts list hence no price available currently for the same. I guess it is presently procured only for plant production requirement.

phamilyman : I am sure that the TASS would not have replaced my part . I agree its their job but I really appreciate their time and sincere efforts to locate the problem. As they were unable to source the spare immediately they had to replace from the demo SAFARI at the cost of turning back potential SAFARI customers approaching for a test drive. Not denying there may be some rogue TASS taking us for a ride, but giving credit where it is due this TASS (FORTUNE) performed above board in my case. As it was a unique problem not faced earlier by them they took time to diagnose earlier.
Old 16th April 2008, 21:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Sir, the oil change was done based on the kms covered, not days elapsed.
OOh! i didn't knew he drove so much kms in two weeks!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks