Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 16:23   #16

Mileage on Indica Xeta GLX 1.4

Having completed 16500+ kms on my Indica Xeta GLX 1.4 am curious to know what mileage other owners are getting. I'm currently getting 13.5 km/l consistently in Hyderabad city traffic driving with zero highway driving.

Any other Xeta GLX 1.4 users here?

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th July 2009 at 17:06. Reason: Please use search before opening a new thread, also post in relevant sub forums. Thanks
Old 17th July 2009, 17:41   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2live View Post
Having completed 16500+ kms on my Indica Xeta GLX 1.4 am curious to know what mileage other owners are getting. I'm currently getting 13.5 km/l consistently in Hyderabad city traffic driving with zero highway driving.

Any other Xeta GLX 1.4 users here?
I have a 2 year old Xeta GLX 1.4 and am curious as to what is the best way to calculate FE? I tried doing it by resetting the trip meter when I reached the reserve indicator, then filled it to Full tank and then back to the reserve indicator. Not sure if this is the correct way. Would like to hear from the veterans. TIA.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Use the tankful to tankful method.

1. Fill the tank to the brim.
2. reset tripmeter.
3. Drive around.
4. Fill tank to brim again.
5. Note the quantity of petrol gone in. Divide the reading on the tripmeter by that.

Dont rely on the low fuel light (reserve). It is incredibly inaccurate. Mine goes off once the needle is a bit above its resting position.
Old 20th July 2009, 00:16   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Use the tankful to tankful method.

1. Fill the tank to the brim.
2. reset tripmeter.
3. Drive around.
4. Fill tank to brim again.
5. Note the quantity of petrol gone in. Divide the reading on the tripmeter by that.

Dont rely on the low fuel light (reserve). It is incredibly inaccurate. Mine goes off once the needle is a bit above its resting position.
Agree completely with Deeps.

To add:

Try to use the same fuel station and the same fuel dispensing unit if possible. This will ensure that that everytime the fuel dispensed is exactly the same when filled upto the auto cut-off.

What I do is everytime I fill till cutoff, reset the trip meter. And whenever I fill again till cutoff, just calculate the distance travelled and divide it with the litres of petrol filled.

Taking the average over 2 - 3 tank fills will give you a more meaningful reading.

This time I filled upto the brim day before, I found that I have touched 14.1 km/l. I realized that I am using A/C very less when compared to summer and I use the vehicle early in the morning and late evenings when its not very hot in Hyderabad these days.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:30   #20

@Deeps - Thanks, will surely try the tankful to tankful method this time.

@Drive2live - The same fuel station and same fuel dispenser is a real nice tip. This should give more accurate results. Thanks.
Old 7th February 2010, 11:40   #21

my GLS 1.4 xeta has clocked 33000 kms. Its mileage is 14-15km/ltr in city with partial ACs. I fill petrol at same station with same dispensing unit. Normally my vehicle clocks 450-480 kms for 33 ltrs of fuel. Tank full to tank full trip meter reading is noted & FE is calculated.
90% of the time my vehicle is run in 5th gear. It has such a great power that at 30kmph it keeps pulling vehicle in 5th at low idle.
hence try to switch to top gear as early as possible. this machine is capable of pulling at very low speed in top gear too.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:39   #22
BHPian

Hi all,

I have Tata Indica Xeta GLS 1.2, I get FE of 16- 17 KM/Liter with 90% AC on highways. One reason for higher FE I am getting lies with Hypermiling I do practice. It all depends upon the way you pamper your car on highways

Quote: @damle.moreshwar - With due respect, I strongly suggest to follow the Speed (KM/Hr)/Gear relation chart pasted on new Indica's windscreen & also found in the User Manual provided with the car. Machines are always designed to take extra loads (normal engineering practice advise to take 10% extra for design purpose) but that is done to handle critical situations. If you will keep pulling your car at 5th without following the Gear/speed relation, I am sure one day you will face trouble with you engine. Anyways, that is a friendly suggestion only & since you have already driven your car 35,000 plus so you know it better may be.

Regards
Dharmesh
Old 4th March 2010, 00:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

I too was getting a similar FE in the first few months (10ish), but it became better and better after 1st and 2nd service. So I think its a bit too early to judge, as your car is very new.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Xeta being 1.2L, smaller than the previous V2 1.4L will deliver only marginally appreciative fuel economy. The max it can give is 12kmpl in city and 16kmpl on highway. Technically there cannot be any more returns on a stock engine. The Xeta is manufactured to deliver only the above mentioned figures. The maximum one can do is try and stick to 4th or 5th gear as soon as possible without violating gear speed restrictions. Slightest change in regular driving pattern will alter the Xeta's fuel economy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks