Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 22:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aftermarket Dead Pedal?

For models that do not have a company fitted dead pedals, would there be enough room in the footwell to the left of the clutch to accommodate a dead pedal?

If someone has fitted a dead pedal in a Swift/Dzire, please share the picture to understand how it can be retro-fitted. I'm just curious.

I checked in my Swift today and I don't see space for a proper dead pedal there without causing at least a partial hindrance in the smooth operation of the clutch. If we are considering a dead pedal of half the usual width, it might be possible, but does that really serve the purpose? Wouldn't the foot slip off it if it is not big enough?

I usually rest my left foot on the floor of the car when I'm not operating the clutch. May be it is because I've not really experienced the convenience of the dead pedal but I don't see it to be a deal-breaker.
Old 23rd September 2014, 06:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

To be honest the only time I have really used a dead pedal is when driving automatics. That too because it was there.
For long drives on manual trannies, my left foot is perfectly happy fully resting on the mat, and appreciates the short travel to the clutch and back on the relatively infrequent gear changes.
Old 5th April 2015, 15:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
If someone has fitted a dead pedal in a Swift/Dzire, please share the picture to understand how it can be retro-fitted. I'm just curious.
I'm looking for a similar modification in a Swift ZDi. Car belong to my friend and he is badly in need of dead pedal.
Any reference / help will be highly appreciated.
Old 5th April 2015, 17:55   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't it more comfortable to rest the foot on the floor, while highway drives?

May be since i've got used to this, i find dead pedal usage uncomfortable on long drives.
If your seat placement is correct (legs at an angle of about 100-120 degrees) ie in a relaxed leg position, then you will not be able to comfortably place the foot on the floor (too far). Many of us learnt to drive with professional drivers who crouch in the seat.

Similarly for the steering you should be able to place the wrist on top of the steering wheel when relaxed.
Old 5th February 2016, 22:13   #35
BHPian

Hi Guys, bumping up this thread. Anyone got a dead pedal installed in a Polo yet? Any pointers pictures for the same would be really appreciated.

Most Viewed