Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 17:26   #1

Severe Gear problem in i10

I have taken new I10 in Feb 2008 and from very first day i was getting problem with gears. First gear shifting was very hard and 4th gear comes to neutral automatically while driving the car. My car is with dealar from last 16 days due to parts unavailability. I got the defective car, Raised the concern with Hyundai to replace the car or make parts available asap. But no positive response in last 16 days.
Old 15th April 2008, 18:41   #2
tez
BHPian

sorry to know about your case amit. Looks like you have been delivered a test car
Old 15th April 2008, 18:53   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
4th gear comes to neutral automatically while driving the car.
Truly regret your new car experience, Amit. A problem like this, coupled with delays, can take the fun out of car ownership. Just hand in there, put some pressure on Hyundai, and your i10 will be good as new.

The 4th gear slipping problem points to a fault in the locking mechanism. How much longer for the replacement parts to arrive?
Old 15th April 2008, 19:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

amit, very shocking to hear about a gear problem on a i10, it has the best gear shift of all the cars i have driven which includes verna, accent , city, etc. There is some problem either with the shifting mechanism or the way you treated it. please explain in detail from day 1 of ownership, model, and kms driven till date. and what actions have you done till today to claim warranty. Do you job cards for every visit?
Old 15th April 2008, 19:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

i10 has better shift than verna, city etc? Hmmm....IMO, even the Getz has better shift quality than the i10.
Old 15th April 2008, 19:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

i10 has a good shift but a lot more cars have much better shifters including the Santro for example. And yes, I just replaced our Santro with an i10 so I know what I'm talking about.
Old 15th April 2008, 20:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Amit surprised to hear about your problem. Usually Hyundai's are known for they excellent Gear shifts. Personally i love the gearshift of the Getz.
Old 16th April 2008, 07:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Horrible experience.

You took the car in Feb 08 and now it is with Hyundai for last 16 days.
Well, when you first realized the problem, you should have not taken delivery.
My neighbours who finally decided for Wagon R duo ( after eating 5 hours at their place and 2 hours in dealership of my life ) refused to take delivery as it had some suspension problem.

The suspension was not absorbing the shocks and the real shocks were bad I suppose. Being present there, I asked them not to take it. Next week, they were given another peice and its a dream.

What I mean is that you should have been quick.
But anyways, now just put a lot of pressure and get a new one.
Prts unavaliability is not heard in Hyundai, but this is a horrible experience to say the least.

Put pressure, that will mostly solve your problem.
Old 16th April 2008, 09:57   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
sorry to know about your case amit. Looks like you have been delivered a test car
Is it not too early to say "Looks like you have been delivered a test car".
Why to conclude with used/Test car for any such problems.
Old 16th April 2008, 11:01   #10
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW77 View Post
Is it not too early to say "Looks like you have been delivered a test car".
Why to conclude with used/Test car for any such problems.
such problems normally do not occur in brand new cars especially hyundai. Moreover i feel that the problem was not present when the delivery was taken else it would have been pointed atleast to the dealer.
Old 18th April 2008, 10:12   #11
BHPian

My nephew bought a new Swift VDI yesterday. I asked him the for reason to choose a Swift. He told me he wanted to buy an i10 Megna, but his friend who bought an i10 2 months back convinced him not to buy i10 because of the issues he has faced with the i10 and which are still not resolved after leaving the car with A.S.S. on three occations.

Shell try to find out what the issues are and what the dealer has done so far.
Old 18th April 2008, 10:56   #12

When I faced the problem of hand breaks in my i10 I just mailed the Hyundai customer care and after 2 days I got call from local Hyundai dealer and they solved my problem. My suggestion is just send a mail to Hyundai customer care(cr@hmil.net).

Amit

Last edited by amitbiz : 18th April 2008 at 11:03.
Old 20th April 2008, 07:53   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

absolutely shocking
while Hyundai may make uninspiring vehicles generally, their reliability is BEYOND DOUBT.
Suggest the foll:
take photos of the car, its engine no, chassis no and original invoice.
Write a detailed note about the problem on your letterhead. Try and take a video on a normal digi cam while you are shifting gears to illustrate the problem.Cut a CD of the same.
Take all this evidence and go personally to the Regional Manager North, A 30, Mohan Coop Ind Estate , Mathura Road (after that Haldi Rams etc)
Email: hmdelhi@nde.vsnl.net.in
Try and meet the RM and show him the evidence along with any other details that you have - your constant visits to the dealer must have yielded several job cards if nothing else.
Try your luck this way - by rights, if you have been given a defective car, they ought to replace it free of charge.
Best of luck!
cheerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjinds View Post
I have taken new I10 in Feb 2008 and from very first day i was getting problem with gears. First gear shifting was very hard and 4th gear comes to neutral automatically while driving the car. My car is with dealar from last 16 days due to parts unavailability. I got the defective car, Raised the concern with Hyundai to replace the car or make parts available asap. But no positive response in last 16 days.
Old 20th April 2008, 15:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
absolutely shocking
while Hyundai may make uninspiring vehicles generally, their reliability is BEYOND DOUBT.
Suggest the foll:
take photos of the car, its engine no, chassis no and original invoice.
Write a detailed note about the problem on your letterhead. Try and take a video on a normal digi cam while you are shifting gears to illustrate the problem.Cut a CD of the same.
Take all this evidence and go personally to the Regional Manager North, A 30, Mohan Coop Ind Estate , Mathura Road (after that Haldi Rams etc)
Email: hmdelhi@nde.vsnl.net.in
Try and meet the RM and show him the evidence along with any other details that you have - your constant visits to the dealer must have yielded several job cards if nothing else.
Try your luck this way - by rights, if you have been given a defective car, they ought to replace it free of charge.
Best of luck!
cheerio
Sorry to rain on your parade, but the chance of getting your car replaced is very, very slim. Nigh impossible.

Hyundai India should be able to resolve your transmission issue permanently. It's quite unfortunate that your car has got this problem, a rare chance, but mechanical issues car occur. As suggested, approach your regional service manager (RPSM) or area service manager (APSM) in New Delhi, if you feel the dealer/service centre is not able to tackle it themselves. Hopefully, HMIL will fix it quickly & professionally so that you can get back to enjoying your new car!
Old 20th April 2008, 18:56   #15
BHPian

Seems to be a one off case. When we got our I10 in Feb, it was new, but the gearbox was still a gem (for a small car)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks