Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 19:43   #1
BHPian

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk

Hi,

As you all know i have swift Vxi from jan2007, till date odo shows 16500km's, at the 13,5oo km's above said problem started, i am the slow driver, i start move at 1st gear upto 10-15 km/h then to 2nd, between 20-25 i will move to 3rd, after 45 i will change to 4th, after 55 only i will push to 5th, Engine jerk[as per Mr. Lokesh, suraksha] start's at 3rd/4th gear, it's like cutting/stoppage of electrical supply to the spark plug for less than a second, it will continue for few jerk's & will be normal at high speed.

On 8th of Mar.[at 15144km's on odo meter] at suraksha, they changed the all Spark plugs, & 2 no's of DDIL COIL POLE Joint with spring[pole with plug connector] in the test drive itself i found that the problem disappeared & become normal condition.

Last saturday i went to Horanadu-shringeri long trip covering arond 750 km's, for 2 day's, while coming back in the slow traffic,[after dasarahalli] i started feeling above said problem again and got few jerk's in last 2day's in city traffic,

Is thier any other TBHpian who own's swift & got like this problem?? or any suggestion please.........

Last edited by subbarao : 17th April 2008 at 19:46.
Old 17th April 2008, 20:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are you mixing up normal and premium fuels in every alternate refills or so?
Old 17th April 2008, 20:44   #3
BHPian

Hallelujah. The exact same problem with my Santro for the past few days. I am looking forward to suggestions..
Old 17th April 2008, 22:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

not so clean fuel injectors can be one of the reason. use System G.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

Have your ruled out clutch setting and idle rpm setting. Had same issue with the Petrol swift i use, some clutch play adjusting and things were fine.

Otherwise, air filter, fuel filter and plugs should be checked first. Then move to throttle body and injector cleaning and finally to coils.
Old 17th April 2008, 22:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Yes, this could be the likely cause.

I would also like to narrate a similar thing happened to me on my M 800 a decade ago, but it was a non-MPFI car, so I am not sure if it is pertinent here. I got the same jerks in the same gears at speeds below 40 to 50, and was forced to drive at high speeds. On diagnosis, it was a faulty condenser, that cost only Rs 70. The problem disappeared on replacement.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:43   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Are you mixing up normal and premium fuels in every alternate refills or so?

No, i never filled premium fuel, only shell unleaded used.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:47   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post

Hi,

Required more info on System G
Old 18th April 2008, 12:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Required more info on System G
It is a fuel additive available in Ford workshops. It costs Rs 250 for a bottle of 250 ml. You need to add 1 ml for each liter of petrol.I generally add 25 ml whenever I top up with 25 litres of petrol.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

System G and D are also available in most BPCL/IBP Petrol pumps.

for more details and FAQ on System G or System D please refer to - IFTEX- fuel additives

Last edited by DieselFan : 18th April 2008 at 13:02.
Old 18th April 2008, 13:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

I had faced the same problem when i test Drove a Swift VXI. I got my Swift P 10 days back and i have faced the problem only once after running it for 400 kms !
Old 18th July 2008, 23:46   #12
BHPian

Hi,

After 4 months i opening this thread again to inform you that, the jerking problem has been solved allmost 99% in suraksha, from last 20 day's i have not experienced the jerk's,

Total 7 visit's to surakshaa for the same problem.

At first step they have changed the spark plug's, spark plug ignitors also replaced with new one, but jerking not stopped.

All electrical connection's checked, & Tech 2 analyser has been connected to ECU, but No error found.

Fuel Injector's cleaned..........

Throttle body cleaned at 6th visit..... after this no jerking found/experienced.

Mean while i filled the fuel[only 5 ltr's at different bunk not regular bunk] & driven about 2km's from bunk, again 3-4 jerk's........

Next day i went to service station, they decided to check the fuel tank for any dust accumulation....below are the photo's which explains the same....
Attached Thumbnails
SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-tech-2-analyser.jpg  

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-fuel-tank.jpg  

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-dust-fuel-pump-container.jpg  

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-pump-inlet-filter-dust.jpg  

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-after-cleaning.jpg  

SWIFT Petrol Engine jerk-fuel-pump-assembly.jpg  

Last edited by subbarao : 18th July 2008 at 23:47.
Old 19th July 2008, 00:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the dust/dirt accululation is surely higher than normal.
This means that mostly its the quality of fuel that was creating problem.
Old 19th July 2008, 00:08   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Fill in company owned/government operated bunks only, now that Shell normal is no more. It wont give you 100% protection against bad fuel but offers significantly higher chances of clean fuel over private bunks.
Old 19th July 2008, 07:29   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw this thread only now and fully agree with as similar happened with me on my GV. This was after I topped up a tank at a bunk near Bikaner and before I reached Nagaur (150km) the situation had become so bad that I was barely able to get it moving. Ultimately at Maruti *** in Nagaur I got the tank opened up and was greeted with similar scene of chicked up filter. Once it was cleaned no problems.
Again about three months later I got fuel from another bunk near Bikaner and it was sense of deja-vu. This time I kept a sample of petriol and was suprised to see that after some time there was a layer at bottom. The query with Indian Oil (both times it was Indian Oil bunks) rvealed that they had started doing some additive mix recently and this was the likely result of that.
BUT both times instead of normal fuel I had topped up with Premium as they did not have normal. Been to Biakener a few more times but no problem, only I have started using BP wherever possible and stick to normal,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks