Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2007, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Hi,

My OEM Exide Battery in my Santro lasted for 3 yrs 9 months...

Few days before it started giving problem when i got it checked with the Battery Walla & Hyundai Showroom they where shocked 2 see that i have used the OEM Battery for so long time...

As per them the battery life is around 1 yr... So finally i had to replace with Amaron Battery yesterday...
Old 22nd January 2007, 12:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

I had been to a Maruti Free Check up camp this weekend. The Amaron guy said that the OEM in the Baleno should last around 2 yrs .. then went on to say that they sell the same battery in the market with a 4 year warranty !!
Old 22nd January 2007, 13:04   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing I do know for sure. An exide OEM battery lasts not more than a year, 1.5 years.
So if you have an exide OEM, be prepared.

My only experience with an Amaron OEM, was with my lancer. As you can imagine, I have a half decent system with 2 amplifiers and my battery lasted exactly 3 years and 11 months before it started giving trouble.

If you have an Amaron OEM battery, well, Ding Dong. Rejoice. See an exide OEM battery in your new car, prepare to spend 3K in the next year.

Have replaced it with a bosch and have opened a thread here about it.
Old 22nd January 2007, 13:26   #34
BHPian

The AMARON (OEM battery) in my Bolero is 4.5 yrs now and still going ding...dong...

Also i have a heavy amp in the car from day one. i use the a/c always and drive a lot in the night.

Recently i got the battery tested and the mechanic who checked the battery didnt believe that this one was 4.5 yrs old.

i am pleasantly surprised
Old 22nd January 2007, 13:42   #35
BHPian

OEM Amaron 2 years and 1 month, no issues yet in my Petra. In fact it took a beating when alternator was faulty and drained a couple of times. After recharge I do not see any issues.
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Got a new Exide on my Zen from Maruthi dealership, warranty is for 3 years. Bought a new Swift which has Amaron, the warranty is for 1 year. Strange.
Old 22nd January 2007, 14:54   #37
Team-BHP Support

OEM on my iKON lasted 6 years couple of months white sealed unit and has FORD engraved, this is 2000 model car so not sure if its amaron, anyways it did good duty except for a minor leak from the negative terminal which corroded the cable a lil and finally gave up thanks to minor leakage through the central lock system.

at the end i replaced it with Exide maintanence free with 2 or 3 year warranty since i couldn find a quick replacement from Amaron :( yup replaced the grounding cable also
Old 22nd January 2007, 16:14   #38
BHPian

A lot depends on your usage.

- Car which is hardly driven and specially in Winters will die out faster.

- leaving head lights ON in chakka jam situations

- starting the car without switching off head lights and so on.

---------------------------------

On an average, a new branded battery should last for atleast 2 years without any glitch.
Old 22nd January 2007, 21:43   #39
BHPian

Battery in my santro xing lasted for exactly 3 yrs from the date of registration.
Old 6th March 2007, 15:25   #40
BHPian

My Xing OEM battery died yesterday. It lasted for 2 years and 3 months. After reading all the posts decided to go for Amaron. will get it installed this week.

Thought of starting a new thread for the same but did a search before that and got this thread. Thanks to all BHPians for the advice.
Old 6th March 2007, 15:41   #41
BHPian

Amaron Ting Tong

My 2002 Sept Santro's OEM Exide battery died out suddenly on me yesterday. Immediately recollected reading out here about Amaron's efficiency... Hence have gone Ting Tong since yesterday.
Old 6th March 2007, 16:33   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
My 2002 Sept Santro's OEM Exide battery died out suddenly on me yesterday. Immediately recollected reading out here about Amaron's efficiency... Hence have gone Ting Tong since yesterday.
I think 4.5 years of running on OEM battery is pretty good, i reckon we cannot expect any longer life than that. Even my OEM Exide in my santro ran for close to 4 years without a hitch.

I guess this tells a lot about how we actually maintain the car ( including the battery)
Old 5th April 2007, 15:28   #43
BHPian

My earlier car M800 had a Exide battery; and I bought a new WagonR a few days ago;
Then I noticed that its battery is something really different, not the ones like Exide where I needed to pour in the distilled water.
Sorry, I didnt really give it enough time to notice the written matter on it, but one thing's for sure that its black and didnt have an easily visible manufacturer's name on it;
I will try to post a pic of it.
Are they maintenance-free batteries or what else? Do I need to take care of them? How?

Enjoy,
CheeseGuy
Old 7th April 2007, 00:05   #44
BANNED

I have Exide Freedom O.E.M in my 4year old lancer.It has not given me any problems till date,starting at the first twist of key.Of course I make it a point to check the battery every 5months..
Old 8th April 2007, 10:38   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

hmm...believe it or not, my Fiat (1960) had a black exide battery, (not maintenance free), it lasted us 7 years....yes, you read that right...the amarons on 4 years now and still going strong...and mind you, the car has a dynamo, not alternator...on the other hand, our 2002 Siena Weekend's exide went kaput in 6 months!

Most Viewed