Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2008, 11:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Disconnect the -ve terminal for 15-20mins. Note: This will only erase all fault codes. If there is something wrong with the system, the light will come on again.
As Ajmat sir said, this usually happens when there is dirt on the sensors. But, do get the car scanned during the next service.
Old 25th April 2008, 13:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Do not play around with the ECU. Its more of an electrician's job than a car mechanic's !! :-)

Get it to your service station and check it out. Most probably its either a loose contact or the sensor has dirt on it. I had the same problem in my Matiz. Once I cross 80 I used to have the Engine check light turn on. It would not come at lower speeds but only come when I cross 80 kmph. It would then stay on until I switch of my car and would reappear when I hit 80 kmph. I went to the garage and they did a fault check. They found out which sensor was giving the problem and found that it was a loose contact. Fixed it and then everything worked fine again. Well they didn't charge me anything for it.
Old 25th April 2008, 14:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Go To The Service Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
The light comes on as soon as I cross 150 but the hand brake light i have not come across.
And this light goes of only when I stop and restart the engine.

Btw how to reset the ECU I have no idea
Suggest you don't fiddle around with the ECE settings, go the the authorised service station and let them do a proper scan. Have a job card made out and record the complaint; in case you need to change anything related to the ECE this record will come in handy.

Had something similar with my Fusion when once the battery warning lights appeared on high revving, turned out to be a loose wire to the senser when I took it to the Ford Service Station.

==Ramky
Old 26th April 2008, 12:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

@abhik: with LBM, most of the working systems too fail for some unknown reasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Maybe the abs stops working after that speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
LBM a safety system is surely not designed to give up on you when you need it the most.
Old 26th April 2008, 19:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
@abhik: with LBM, most of the working systems too fail for some unknown reasons...

LBM hope you dont mind a little leg pulling, all meant in good spirit!
Old 29th August 2008, 11:57   #21
BHPian

Swift ABS light on

I had given my Swift for 2nd service three days back at the Newly opened Bimal service center in Indiranagar.

The ABS light started switching on when I was driving. I took it back to the service station and they reset the ABS by disconnecting the battery terminals.

It was fine for a day and today again while driving to work the ABS light swtiched on and remained on throughout.

Any idea what is the reason, have they messed up the ABS during service? I have not driven my car in the rain after the service.

Last edited by bharatbs : 29th August 2008 at 11:59.
Old 29th August 2008, 22:52   #22
BHPian

Got the problem rectified today at Bimal Mahadevpura. Very good mech by the name of Arif. he immediately identified the reason in a matter of minutes.

What went wrong: Well the little fella paid a visit to my car and decided to eat the speaker wire connecting to the battery. He also decided to do the same with ABS and EPS wire so both the wires met and that is why the light was coming on.

Lessons learnt: Make sure your speaker wire is covered by a wire cover and make sure the main wire from the battery passes to the ICE through the center of the rubberseal in the engine bay and make sure you apply some mseal and seal it it tight. Otherwise the little hungry fella will come into you car and have some fun.

Well if you are still wondering who the little fella was?
Attached Thumbnails
ABS light comes ON after 150kmph-rat21.jpg  

Old 29th August 2008, 23:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Got the problem rectified today at Bimal Mahadevpura. Very good mech by the name of Arif. he immediately identified the reason in a matter of minutes.

What went wrong: Well the little fella paid a visit to my car and decided to eat the speaker wire connecting to the battery. He also decided to do the same with ABS and EPS wire so both the wires met and that is why the light was coming on.

Lessons learnt: Make sure your speaker wire is covered by a wire cover and make sure the main wire from the battery passes to the ICE through the center of the rubberseal in the engine bay and make sure you apply some mseal and seal it it tight. Otherwise the little hungry fella will come into you car and have some fun.

Well if you are still wondering who the little fella was?

I too had a similar problem one day in the morning when i started my car i saw the ABS and hand break lights on.i called a guy in ford and explained my problem he asked me can you use your hand break and i checked and said yes.then he asked me to bring my car to the service center in the service center my car was checked and lifted in the ramp. to my surprise the wire was eaten by a hungry rat.then they connected it and with a test ride the problem was solved.

But i couldn't leave it i kept nearly ten rat cakes in the places like engine bay and where the ABS wire was eaten and i was feeding them for nearly three day until i could can smell bad in the place.two were dead in the incident till now i did not have any problem.
Old 25th September 2008, 11:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Same happened with me. Ealier I had VIVA the abs and Hand brake lights come when I exceed speed excess of 160 km/hr. But similar thing happened with my Swift which also has ABS. Maybe the abs stops working after that speeds.
Even my Swift vxi ABS is giving the same problem, sometimes in the city (low speed) also the Handbrake light and the ABS lights on. Then i need to stop the car switch off and switch on, then the lights go off. Is anybody else have this problem in swift and what could be the solution ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks