Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 17:10   #1
BHPian

Hard Steering in Scorpio Mhawk ?

We purchased a Scorpio MHawk from Pondicherry couple of weeks back.
Scorpio is an amazing vehicle with lots of power for SUV of that size.
When we received the vehicle after PDI check, we drove it all the way to chennai to get ICE installed. We noticed in highway that POWER STEERING was quite hard compared to other vehicles of its size like Qualis.

Next day we drove back to Mahindra guys and they too felt it was little bit hard but they tried to convince that it was bcos of the fact the power steering fluid was low and they topped the fluid. I dunno how they carried out the PDI in first place without checking fluid levels.

But we wanted to test drive other scorpio's in the showroom to feel the hardness of the power steering. But it all seemed to be same.

Dear scorpio 2.6 or mhawk owners, do you guys face the same issue ? Please advise
Old 28th April 2008, 17:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

I also have a '98 safari whose power steering is definitely harder than that of my 2.6 non-CRDe 2004 Scorpio. Compared to my office Qualis, Scorpio's PS is harder and heavier..

Unless the PS fluid is really low or near-empty, whether it is at H or L position of the dip stick doesn't really have any bearing on the softness & smoothness of the steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itszain View Post
We purchased a Scorpio MHawk from Pondicherry couple of weeks back.
Scorpio is an amazing vehicle with lots of power for SUV of that size.
When we received the vehicle after PDI check, we drove it all the way to chennai to get ICE installed. We noticed in highway that POWER STEERING was quite hard compared to other vehicles of its size like Qualis.

Next day we drove back to Mahindra guys and they too felt it was little bit hard but they tried to convince that it was bcos of the fact the power steering fluid was low and they topped the fluid. I dunno how they carried out the PDI in first place without checking fluid levels.

But we wanted to test drive other scorpio's in the showroom to feel the hardness of the power steering. But it all seemed to be same.

Dear scorpio 2.6 or mhawk owners, do you guys face the same issue ? Please advise

Most Viewed