Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 09:12   #16
BHPian

It should have been an ECU issue or some kind of electrical ,electronic issue. If its the later surely it will crop up again after some time.
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:24   #17

Swift VDI power steering and speedometer issue

Hi Everyone,

So I started off to work earlier this week and found that the power steering on my Swift VDI 2010 was tighter than usual. Drove a little more and noticed that the speedometer needle was not moving. Had the local mechanic check the vehicle and according to him the power steering is fine (I disagree). He checked the fuses and advised that the speedometer might be out due to a faulty sensor and asked to go to a MASS. I understand that the power steering in Maruti is electronic and not hydraulic so it cannot be an issue with low fluid.

Bigger issue is that it seems that the whole driving experience has changed in the past few days. Apart from the increased difficulty in steering, it seems that the car is noisier than usual and the pickup in most gears is sluggish. The next service (@20k km) is 1500km away.

I wanted some advice from all you experts on the forum before approaching the MASS. What should I ask them to check for? Are there any specific tests or checks which I should be asking for? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Anand
Old 24th August 2012, 08:14   #18
BHPian

Re: Swift VDI power steering and speedometer issue

I would suggest that you get the servicing done ASAP & let the MASS sort out the problems. It hardly matters if the regular service is 1500 kms away.
1self is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 08:41   #19
BHPian

Re: Swift VDI power steering and speedometer issue

Swift VDI uses EPS and it is dependent on speed. Since you see speedometer not working there is defnitly a connection between both.

You should show the car to MASS and they will fix it.
S5157 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 11:46   #20

Re: Power steering issue in my Swift VDI

Thanks 1Self and S5157. It was after all a blown speed sensor and MASS replaced it along with the service.
Old 6th October 2012, 23:53   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand000 View Post
Hi Everyone,

So I started off to work earlier this week and found that the power steering on my Swift VDI 2010 was tighter than usual.
Quote:
Thanks 1Self and S5157. It was after all a blown speed sensor and MASS replaced it along with the service.
I am facing the problem of a hard steering wheel in my Swift VDi. Did the MASS give you more details on the replacement ? How much did they charge you for it ?
Old 26th January 2013, 20:12   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am facing the problem of a hard steering wheel in my Swift VDi. Did the MASS give you more details on the replacement ? How much did they charge you for it ?
Bumping this up once again. @Anand, could you mention the cost involved with the repair/replacement?
Old 7th May 2013, 22:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a 2010 swift vdi with 24k driven (stock tyres, no modifications) and the very similar issue of stiff / hard steering, can one suggest if this has something to do with EPS issues ? i earlier had 2007 wagon R and that was much smoother than swift steering.

Can someone suggest a reputed service guy / service center who can understand this issue ?
Old 17th May 2013, 00:15   #24
BHPian

Hi Team,

Just got my new Swift VDI post service of 35000 Kms, Had given a complaint of the jarring vibration of the the steering wheel on rough patch's.

The advises assured me that the problem is taken care off, however , post this service , the steering wheel feels very hard, when turning slight left or right (20 degrees turn) get to hear a rattling sound from the front.

Also, the shocks feels very hard now.

Have called them back , need to take the car back tommorow.
Wanted to know any one has faced this issue in the recent past.

Most Viewed