Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 00:19   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
The reply from maruti is very standard. They screw the dealer real bad.
So what did Maruti tell the dealer?
Is your problem finally solved or not?

Curious...
Old 7th August 2008, 01:30   #92
BHPian

I face the same exact problem with my car too...I have told Maruti Service a number of times about this issue...they seem to be clueless about it...so eventually I'am having to live with it since the pull towards the left hand side isnt too much.
Old 20th August 2008, 18:00   #93
BHPian

People this is the current situation of my car issue.
The day i found out they had touched the basic design of my car by modifying the chassis i refused to take the car back from the service centre.

I asked them to answer my one question.
Why did they go for a shortcut to resolve the issue without even taking my consent and maruti's consent on it?

They had no answer for this.

There is no bulletin from maruti to do such modification to resolve the left pulling issue as confirmed from other dealers.

The dealership personnel along with maruti service manager visited my residense to convince me that its not a problem.

They are saying that what ever mods they did, they will revert them back by the means of welding. Still its a modification to my brand new car.

Any modification justifies that there was a manufacturing defect and they tried to resolve it by such modification.

Why should i accept a car like this after paying 6 lakhs for it?

I do not understand how come maruti is covering the dealers as*.

However they accept the mistake, that they did not inform me about this before taking those steps.

As of now i have not agreed to take this car and asked for a new replacement car.

Why should I suffer for their mistake?

Last edited by tush : 20th August 2008 at 18:03.
Old 20th August 2008, 18:09   #94
Team-BHP Support

Good points, why dont you file in the consumer forum?
Old 20th August 2008, 18:35   #95
BHPian

Hey tush sorry to hear about your incident this is one very bad thing of dealers,could you please tell which dealer you have got your car from.So what is thier current reply are they ready to replace your car?if you really want to replace your car threaten them that you will go to court or send another mail to maruti to replace the car ?also how has the head of the dealer reacted to your incident if you can please could you tell his name
Old 22nd August 2008, 18:05   #96
BHPian

Yeah my last option is consumer court. If things work out with Gandhigiri then I can avoid media and consumer court till then. But yes i am prepared in my mind for that option.
Old 24th August 2008, 14:26   #97
BHPian

Let me also let you guys know that the car is still with the dealer from 26th July 2008 till date. I have refused to take the car from them. It should be still reflecting on their job card if the dealer has not mischiefed into it.
Old 24th August 2008, 14:58   #98
Team-BHP Support

Are you sure you want to leave your car at dealer for so long? they hold no responsibility while storing the car!

Good options are either move to consumer court or to get maruti engineer to involve and solve it at the dealer end, dont leave the car there for long.

My 2 paise worth.
Old 24th August 2008, 15:17   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

I concur with Jaggu, the more the delay the less the importance on the matter. I think you should act swiftly and take neccesary legal or consumer court action.
Old 24th August 2008, 20:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
@jaggu

You are right. Here are few more details which will give you complete picture uptil now.

When i had left the car at the dealership the next day i got a call from them saying that they were contacting
other dealers and finding out if other swift owners have faced this technical problem and what did they do for it.

This proves that they did chassis modification to my car without even researching with other dealerships and maruti.
Correction Guys....

@jaggu

You are right. Here are few more details which will give you complete picture uptil now.

When i had denied to take the car from the dealership the next day i got a call from them saying that they were contacting
other dealers and finding out if other swift owners have faced this technical problem and what did they do for it.

This proves that they did chassis modification to my car without even researching with other dealerships and maruti.
Old 25th August 2008, 17:40   #101
BHPian

I called them today. They are coming day after tomorrow to meet up again. They did not mention anything else on the phone.
Old 25th August 2008, 17:49   #102
Team-BHP Support

Good that you did, now get them to call the MUL service manager to workshop, and then you can discuss in detail with him, that will give you the confidence on the car back.

Follow his recommendation and get the work done, ideally dealer should take all the tab and maybe twist their arms to get you some free services in the future
Old 25th August 2008, 18:14   #103
BHPian

@jaggu,

I hope you are well aware of the whole issue now. I have made it clear i am not accepting that car anymore and have asked for a new replacement. There is no question of freebies to make me accept the same car. The service territory manager is also well aware of my car case.

I dont consider my demand as ungeniune as they have done something which they shouldnt have done in the first place without informing me and maruti about the same. And its a very expensive thing to replace the whole chassis for me for their mistake. They should bare all this loss and not me.
They cannot compensate me by offering free services etc but only by giving me a new car.

Last edited by tush : 25th August 2008 at 18:20.
Old 25th August 2008, 20:30   #104
Team-BHP Support

I can understand your feelings, if thats the case, i think you should go the consumer court way. I dont think they will agree for a car replacement through meetings.
Old 25th August 2008, 20:44   #105
BHPian

Yes you are right i might require to go to consumer court as there is a chance they wont stoop much. They would try to get rid of this by trying to convince me zillion times as they would not want to bear any loss. Just push everything on me the consumer and the but natural sufferer for no mistake of mine.

But its in their best interest to replace the car without going to consumer court as this can involve lot of media attention and spoiling their image. It doesnt take much time to get known for doing wrong things.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks