Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 18:36   #1
BHPian

ikon ac: water condensation & engine jerk

2 problems i'm encountering in my 1.6:

1) water dripping from under the dashboard on the left side. seems to be condensation on the AC i'm guessing.

2) engine jerking with the AC on. now i know that with the AC on there will be a loss of power but will i notice it so much that when the engine speed drops a bit the car starts jerking? i mean i'm supposed to have 91 ponies. i find at slower speeds i have to drop a gear lower than when i have the AC off. incidentally i noticed a slight jerking a little earlier. coolant top up seemed to cure that, though there is still a bit of that with the AC off... not too bad though.

sorry if these topics have been discussed earlier but i find it difficult searching AC topics because of the word length restriction :(
Old 5th May 2008, 19:05   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
2 problems i'm encountering in my 1.6:

1) water dripping from under the dashboard on the left side. seems to be condensation on the AC i'm guessing.

2) engine jerking with the AC on. now i know that with the AC on there will be a loss of power but will i notice it so much that when the engine speed drops a bit the car starts jerking? i mean i'm supposed to have 91 ponies. i find at slower speeds i have to drop a gear lower than when i have the AC off. incidentally i noticed a slight jerking a little earlier. coolant top up seemed to cure that, though there is still a bit of that with the AC off... not too bad though.

sorry if these topics have been discussed earlier but i find it difficult searching AC topics because of the word length restriction :(
water dripping can be due to pipe after evaporator being blocked
check to see if vaccum pipe which runs to inlet manifold is connected.
Old 5th May 2008, 19:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey man I also faced the same problem in my 1.3exi Ford ikon 2002,i still remember i drove my car at the max speed of 70kmpl to alibagh with full jerking issues.I showed my car to almost 3 service centers in Mumbai,but none of them were able to find the cause of it,even changed the Hi-tension cables,filters,oil-pump,spark plugs,opened the tapet head did settings,re-flashed ecm still the problem used to start after 3-4days after the car came from servicing,in last 6months the average dropped rapidly and last i remember in 500rs fuel it only ran 23kms finally sold the car for 1L

Last edited by ramie2400 : 5th May 2008 at 19:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks