Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 22:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Yup can cause injector problem, per injector 200 to 250 bucks they can charge for cleaning.
Old 6th May 2008, 23:38   #17
BHPian

jaggu: i just saw your thread about your ikon. so do you know any non company mechanic now? i'm thinking of going to a guy called zetec motors in ejipura. there is another guy called suri in koramangala who i heard worked with rally cars but i still have to get his contact details.
Old 7th May 2008, 00:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Are the vibrations coming from the engine area or the floorboard area?
Old 14th May 2008, 18:11   #19

I had a similar issue with my ikon with the car vibrating a lot at idle (specially with AC on) , lack of power in all gears and subsequently low fuel efficiency ... took her to wasan ford yesterday who blamed it faulty ignition coil, the orignal ford one costs close to 5.5k while local non branded ones were around 1.5-2k ... somehow managed to get the ones that ford uses for 2.2k and so far so good
Old 14th May 2008, 20:58   #20
BHPian

Its most likely to be an Engine Mount problem as you have stated that idling RPM is stable at 800-900.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Factor View Post
I had a similar issue with my ikon with the car vibrating a lot at idle (specially with AC on) , lack of power in all gears and subsequently low fuel efficiency ... took her to wasan ford yesterday who blamed it faulty ignition coil, the orignal ford one costs close to 5.5k while local non branded ones were around 1.5-2k ... somehow managed to get the ones that ford uses for 2.2k and so far so good
yeah Ignition coil on my Ikon also went kaput & one cylinder was not gettting fired at all but I used to feel only misfiring & drop in pickup/ low fuel efficiency not any vibrations. I picked up the Ingnition coil for 2.4K from somebody known in ford.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:22   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
jaggu: i just saw your thread about your ikon. so do you know any non company mechanic now? i'm thinking of going to a guy called zetec motors in ejipura. there is another guy called suri in koramangala who i heard worked with rally cars but i still have to get his contact details.
I had to sell the iKON and move to Swift D and nope not heard of the guys you mentioned.
Old 14th May 2008, 21:30   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

check the coil and the spark plug cables,had a similar issue in my car too.
Old 17th May 2008, 12:54   #24
BHPian

Hey Eddy, Whats the update on your vibration Problem ?
Old 31st May 2008, 17:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Took it to the Ford authorised ***. They changed the ignition coil and that has solved the problem.

Another 5000 bucks on the credit card bill.
Old 31st May 2008, 18:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Thanks for the inputs guys.

Took it to the Ford authorised ***. They changed the ignition coil and that has solved the problem.

Another 5000 bucks on the credit card bill.
Ahem! Ahem, I sez. Using the infamous DirtyDan shotgun approach, I got this one right. Sort of.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have been facing a similar shuddering and shaking of the engine (Ford Ikon Iris, petrol, 1.3 Endura), over the past couple of weeks.

Finally, today my wife called up to say that the problem has worsened and the whole car is shaking . So she got off promptly.

I plan to take the car to Metro Ford in the evening at 4 pm. Hope I can drive it till there with my teeth intact !

Any pointers on self checks that could be done at this stage, before taking it to Metro Ford ?
Old 13th August 2010, 12:32   #28
BHPian

I can see lots of guesses in this thread.

@mooza, shuddering has lots of reasons. A solution can be provided by a person who 'knows' about this and sits in the car to experience the vibration.

One of my friend's car would not start. We thought it was a bad fuse so we checked everything but still no hope. We later pushed the car and started it in the 2nd gear. The car would not hold the moment we stepped the foot off the accelerator and would switch off again.

We increased the tuning to keep it started to reach the mechanic and the car started shaking badly. I could see the engine shaking like an old lady's teeth. Later a truck driver came and pushed all the plugs in properly and the car started fine. It was just coz of bad wiring.
Old 14th August 2010, 08:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Googleman, for the reply

Update : the problem has been resolved. The ignition coil had gone kaput. It was replaced at Metro Ford, and the car is now as good as new.

Total cost including labour : Rs. 6,000/-.
Old 14th August 2010, 17:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Two Ford Ikons reporting ignition coil failure. Something very rare. Coils are known to last long, very long.

My '73 model Amby, sold in '90 had its original Lucas coil intact and working beautifully..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks