Team-BHP - Santro Service
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Santro Service (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/39508-santro-service.html)

Folks,
Well been munching about this and then thought what the hell; let me as well post it and get the opinion.

My Santro is very rarely used, as you know my Bullet, RD350, Jawa and Jeep needs take 90% of my travel time.

My car is now 5 yrs old and has done 29700 KMS. I last serviced my Santro around 10 months back at 29,100 KMS. As most of travel is with my bikes I hardly use the car. So you can see the car has traveled 800kms in 9 months.

I usually start it every Sunday and take her for a 2-3 kms spin and park her back thats all...if i am not in town my next house driver does this duty. Occasionally mom takes the car to visit temple which is the actual reason for 800 kms in 9 months.

Now my question is:
1. Knowing this will be my usage and its gonna come down once my Jeep is back...what is the service interval?
2. What other checks I should do since my service interval will be long?

P.S: Sometimes I just take the car to listen to my ICE :)

Cheers!
Madbull-Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by madbullram (Post 826244)
Folks,
Well been munching about this and then thought what the hell; let me as well post it and get the opinion.

My Santro is very rarely used, as you know my Bullet, RD350, Jawa and Jeep needs take 90% of my travel time.

My car is now 5 yrs old and has done 29700 KMS. I last serviced my Santro around 10 months back at 29,100 KMS. As most of travel is with my bikes I hardly use the car. So you can see the car has traveled 800kms in 9 months.

I usually start it every Sunday and take her for a 2-3 kms spin and park her back thats all...if i am not in town my next house driver does this duty. Occasionally mom takes the car to visit temple which is the actual reason for 800 kms in 9 months.

Now my question is:
1. Knowing this will be my usage and its gonna come down once my Jeep is back...what is the service interval?
2. What other checks I should do since my service interval will be long?

P.S: Sometimes I just take the car to listen to my ICE :)

Cheers!
Madbull-Ram

change oil every 6 months irrespective of your low mileage.
see to it that if you dont drive every alternate day just move the car neutral a lil bit to avoid flat spots on tyres.
keep air filled 2 to 3 psi above normal recommended.
use the AC if not used for 5 to 10 mins every week irrespective of the winter to keep the AC system in good condition. (its actually for the seals, O rings)

I would say get it serviced every 9 - 12 months at least and make sure car is driven once a week. Also use the AC every time you start the car.

Quote:

I usually start it every Sunday and take her for a 2-3 kms spin and park her back thats all...if i am not in town my next house driver does this duty.
Thats an incredible amount of wear and tear on the engine. Taking her out for 2 - 3 kms each time means the engine is not upto optimum temperature for a majority of those 800 - 900 kms. What I suggest is:

1. Sell her off. You don't seem to need her anyways.

2. If you do retain, then use it for a 10 - 20 km round trip atleast once a week. You may get it serviced once a year....no need to make this more frequent.