Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 15:24   #1
BHPian

AC repair shop in Pune?

Hi,
when I gave my Santro Xing for regular service last week, we found out that the AC has gone bad. During the same week, I had observed drop in cooling and irregularity in AC clutch operating, there was some weird GHHUURRRR sound as well, as if some heavy grinding is going on under the hood; but I had no idea that it has gone kaput.
Now the garagewallah is saying that if we go for the aftermarket parts, the cost would be 12000/- and OEM would be 22000/- .I wish to take second opinion before I go ahead. Do any Pune BHPians know a good AC repair shop where I can have it checked? I am temporarily using the car without AC, but I dont wish to do it for long. So Pune fellows, kindly suggest me a place where I can have it checked.
Old 19th May 2008, 19:43   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
Hi,
when I gave my Santro Xing for regular service last week, we found out that the AC has gone bad. During the same week, I had observed drop in cooling and irregularity in AC clutch operating, there was some weird GHHUURRRR sound as well, as if some heavy grinding is going on under the hood; but I had no idea that it has gone kaput.
Now the garagewallah is saying that if we go for the aftermarket parts, the cost would be 12000/- and OEM would be 22000/- .I wish to take second opinion before I go ahead. Do any Pune BHPians know a good AC repair shop where I can have it checked? I am temporarily using the car without AC, but I dont wish to do it for long. So Pune fellows, kindly suggest me a place where I can have it checked.
Which area in Pune are you put up at? There's Geetika motors at Wanowrie, a bit ahead of Jashn (arabic restaurant). I've always had a good experience with them. Although, it would be a much better idea to be present during the repairs, that way you can be assured that nothing has been missed. tel # 020-26835544.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Which area in Pune are you put up at? There's Geetika motors at Wanowrie, a bit ahead of Jashn (arabic restaurant).

thanks for the info, I stay in sahakar nagar,off satara road, so I guess wanawadi is a bit far from me. Anybody around satara rd, city area?
Old 20th May 2008, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post

thanks for the info, I stay in sahakar nagar,off satara road, so I guess wanawadi is a bit far from me. Anybody around satara rd, city area?
use the bypass road into kondwa and again the bypass before mitha nagar i.e turn right and you are into nibm road. Its better to go to Ac tech who knows what has to be done even if you have to go an extra mile.
Old 20th May 2008, 19:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
use the bypass road into kondwa and again the bypass before mitha nagar i.e turn right and you are into nibm road. Its better to go to Ac tech who knows what has to be done even if you have to go an extra mile.
Very true Godzilla, Jay Vijay motors for me is on the other end of town since I stay at NIBM.
Amya, in my opinion, I suggest you get the a/c repairing done from the authorised Hyundai dealer itself. That way you can have uninterrputed peace of mind since the a/c is used on a daily basis. The aftermarket parts would not guarantee optimal operating conditions. I know it would be expensive, but what the hell, you wouldn't want your air conditioning breaking down in the peak of summer season would you?
Cheers.
Old 5th November 2015, 12:32   #6
BHPian

Re: AC repair shop in Pune?

Bump... I am looking for a AC repair guy too, I stay at Kalyani Nagar. Kindly help if you have some lead.
Old 5th November 2015, 15:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Bump... I am looking for a AC repair guy too, I stay at Kalyani Nagar. Kindly help if you have some lead.
Cool Car
Kalyani Nagar corner, Ramwadi, Nagar Road
Opp: Jeevan Jyot Hospital, Near Canara Bank Pune-14
Mob.No. 9822045278
http://www.coolcarpune.com/contact.aspx

I personally have not used him, but always busy with a wide range of cars being serviced from cheap to expensive.
I have spoken with the owner in the past and he seemed very knowledgeable.
(I also stay in Kalyani Nagar, where are you?)
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 15:32   #8
BHPian

Bumping the post again.

Need good AC repair guy around Kothrud or Baner for a 2005 Scorpio. Any leads? Thank you so much.
Old 17th May 2017, 15:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Bumping the post again.

Need good AC repair guy around Kothrud or Baner for a 2005 Scorpio. Any leads? Thank you so much.
I have heard good things in the past about Climate Engineers on Karve Road (opp Garware College, next to Sahyadri Hospital), but no personal experience with them. Phone # 020-2543 8019. If you visit them, please do put up a review.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 17th May 2017 at 16:00.
comfortablynumb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 18:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Bumping the post again.

Did you find any good repair persons near Baner?
I'm also struggling with my Zen Estilo AC since last year. Had it repaired at Maruti Care Point Baner last Sep and its still giving same problems already and it's just start of summer
Old 1st March 2018, 09:05   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste View Post
Did you find any good repair persons near Baner?
I'm also struggling with my Zen Estilo AC since last year. Had it repaired at Maruti Care Point Baner last Sep and its still giving same problems already and it's just start of summer
Its a bit far for you but I have always used a gentleman called Shabir (09579377021). He used to have a workshop next to Bishops School Camp at the Freemasons Hall, but has now moved to near Wanowari Bazar.

Word of Caution - Whilst his work is good and has always delivered, he sometimes can take his own sweet time!
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 17:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I have heard good things in the past about Climate Engineers on Karve Road (opp Garware College, next to Sahyadri Hospital), but no personal experience with them. Phone # 020-2543 8019. If you visit them, please do put up a review.

Cheers,
Vikram
They have now relocated to Dahanukar Colony.
I can recommend them from my latest personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post

For anyone having A/c issues in Pune, I highly recommend:
Climate Engineers
Sai Kunj Society,
Lane Number 7,
Dahanukar Colony,
Kothrud, Pune, 411038

The staff is well trained, and the owner, Mr. Randive is a very knowledgeable and a nice gentleman.
He can be reached on 9371235031
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed