Team-BHP - Starting problem in INDICA...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Starting problem in INDICA... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/3991-starting-problem-indica.html)

Hello,

i have an Indica DLS around 18 months old... the problem with is that when it is heated up, it will not start ... only after around 5- 10 minutes it gets back to normal !! the prob: arises mostly when it is run with AC.... i had met the mechanic, but they dissapointed me by remarking that it is a very usal problem... is that so ???

now that the service , oil \ coolant changes are over.. but still the problem persisits :(

any suggestions???...

cheers
aNu

Try adding an additional battery powered fan to your AC condenser that comes on whe the AC is switched on, this might solve your problem.

Hey Buddy,

I too have the above mini truck and have experienced a similar problem.....to solve this issue from my experiences are
1.Get the wiring to the fan of the car checked,probably the fan may not or ocasionally be functioning hence the overheating.
2.Use a good coolant if not using one.
3.Lastly,in extreme case there there might be a leak in the water jacket(i had this prob) get it checked a new one costs around 750bucks.

PS: Do let me know if you fiand a solution other than this to your problem,it will help me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho
Try adding an additional battery powered fan to your AC condenser that comes on whe the AC is switched on, this might solve your problem.

How much it will cost??? and wthat about the availability...??

cheers
aNu

Quote:

Originally Posted by hianooo
How much it will cost??? and wthat about the availability...??

cheers
aNu

A good 10 inch fan costs about Rs. 1100 you can ask your electrician to pick it up for you and have it fitted to the AC switch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablywacky

1.Get the wiring to the fan of the car checked,probably the fan may not or ocasionally be functioning hence the overheating.

2.Use a good coolant if not using one.

i don think that there is any over heating... the meter indicates usual temprtre...don knw whether its correct or not!!!.... and somtimes it will start without any problem..;-)

and about the 2nd 1...
can u tel me 1...???

thanks in advance

cheers
aNu

Off Topic. Have u seen the people at some of the service stations.?? They handle the cars so badly. They will never wait for that heating coil icon to go. When they start it before the icon vanishes...the car coughs. Sad!!

ya i've seen this happen at almost all tata dealerships, even the hyundai guys did this to my accent right in front of me.

Drifter

"MAK Super Kool "form BP ready to use is what i use..alternately there's two from HP
1.HP KOOLGARD, a concentrate is recommended at 30% - 50% concentrations with water.
2.HP THANDA RAJA is a ready to use coolant, which can be used as it is

thankx Comfortablywacky n Psycho.... wil try these n let u knw the resutls???

anything more on this problem???

cheers
aNu

It is a common problem but easily recitifiable. The problem here is not the engine overheating but the thermostat reporting wrong. Since your car is 18months old, they will change the thermostat only after the car goes out of warranty. Take it to the workshop and tell them to check the thermostat.

may be that reason...service station pple told me that they will change something related to fan, sorry i don exactly remember what was that .. sorry: , after 40,000 kms!!!, then it will be out of the warrenty period !!!...and nw its only 20,000 kms .... so they may be reffering to thermostat...

cheers
aNU

Hello,

I have an Indica V2 DLS with only 4300 Kms on clock. It is also showing the same problem for the past 2 weeks.

I made a visit to the local service stn -Benz Automobiles- yesterday and they told me the following:

a. The starter motor is the trouble maker
b. This is a common problem for all Indicas.
c. The motor is made by TVS.
d. They (Benz guys) will send this motor to TVS, and TVS will replace
it. This will take a couple of days.

I am planning to send my car to the 'hospital' this weekend.

I DON'T think this is a problem with the Fan or cooling system. Of course, the same problem can occur due to overheating, but in my case, and apparently in your case, overheating is not the issue. The temp gauge is showing a correct reading -as you have observed- which is well below the redline.

I will keep you guys posted.

thanks
Sandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
Hello,
The starter motor is the trouble maker

Now that's a new one, can understand if the thermostat was faulty causing the car to overheat and shutoff. But a Starter motor causing an engine to go off??? Never heard of a faulty starter motor making a car go off (except when it breaks) ???

Sandeep please do post in detail once the repair is done and if the problem is solved.

Psycho,
there is a misunderstanding sorry: .... engine is not shutting off automatically in my case, but when i switch it off and then restart, then the problem occur....
but as u mentiond, it is shutting off when i apply brakes, but only sometimes, and this was not there earlier....
and i changed the starter motor 3 months back and it is not showing any problem when i strat in the morning....

cheers
aNu