Team-BHP - WagonR AC Problem!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   WagonR AC Problem!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/39936-wagonr-ac-problem.html)

Hi guys,
My cute waggy is having a problem. Yes, for the first time i'm facing a problem after 6 months of delight driving. The problem is when i park my car in hot sun and when i switch on the AC i get a hot air blown. This hot air doesn't turn out in cold or chill air even after say 3-4 minutes, due to this i've switch off the AC and roll down windows which will be better than AC. Is their a problem in my AC as i'm not able to decide :Frustrati
Your responses are welcome.

Regards,
Ramki.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 836818)
Hi guys,
My cute waggy is having a problem. Yes, for the first time i'm facing a problem after 6 months of delight driving. The problem is when i park my car in hot sun and when i switch on the AC i get a hot air blown. This hot air doesn't turn out in cold or chill air even after say 3-4 minutes, due to this i've switch off the AC and roll down windows which will be better than AC. Is their a problem in my AC as i'm not able to decide :Frustrati

Regards,
Ramki.

As one Ramky to another,

I have a Wagon R, faultless for the last one year, great drive in the city.

There could be many reasons for this, take it to the nearest Maruti Authorised Service Station, get the problem diognized. They usually charge an arm and a leg quoting original spare parts etc, etc.,

After taking a quote, go to your friendly neighbourhood workshop who is good and see if you could get the job done from him. Usually they charge less than half of what the Maruti guys quote. If possible buy the spares yourself from some shop which you know, or take same friend who knows the shop guys, there are lots of duplicate parts in the market or Maruti. And while it's being reparied, it would be educative to stand by and see what's going on.

--Ramky
------------

Quote:

Hi guys,

Regards,
Ramki.

Roll-down you windows, switch on the ac, keep the windows rolled down for next 4-5 minutes. Roll up the window, you'll suddenly feel your ac started working more efficiently and temperature is stabilized more faster.

Reason behind this workout is to get-off majority of the hot air accumulated inside cabin while your car is under direct sunlight.

Cheers

Quote:

Hi guys,
The problem is when i park my car in hot sun and when i switch on the AC i get a hot air blown.

Ramki.

After a good doze of hot sun, when you turn on your fan, you will get hot air. Keep the fan on No. 3/4, roll down the windows (especially rear windows so that the hot air goes out)> After a minute or two, turn on the AC (make sure it is in the cold position)> Check the air coming out of the vents now? Is it as hot as when you first turned on the fan? Or is it cooler now?

If it is as hot after turning on the AC, you have a problem and need to show it to the dealers. Yours is a new car, right? Under warranty.

The suggestions given above are very good.
Every Friday I park my car under the hot hyderabadi sun, when I go for my Namaz.

I simply put on the Blower at high speed with the windows down without even getting into the car.

I get into the car after a minute of this and switch on the AC.
About a minute later I roll up the windows.

Works fine for me.

If you do not get the cold air from AC even after 3-4 minutes I would suspect a blown AC compressor clutch fuse/relay or a faulty clutch.

Can you check if your compressor is kicking in?

have had a wagonr duo for the last year and half... never faced this problem...

if the car is out in the sun for a long time and you switch on the ac ... it takes a few minutes before u can feel the cool air... that said... its better to open the windows for a minute before pulling it up again

Dunno if this helps, but in my Alto, whatever the heat, when I turn on the AC, I always get cold air within 30 secs

Try this way-

1. Turn the knob to fresh air position.
2. Roll down the windows a bit, and switch on the ac. This way, hot air can escape from inside the car.
3. When temperature starts to become normal, close the windows, and continue with ac in fresh air mode.
4. When it starts to cool, switch to recirculate mode.

How effective is the a.c in summer heat? Is it good with just this one problem faced, or is it feeling weak all- around?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 836944)
I simply put on the Blower at high speed with the windows down without even getting into the car

This is a good one. You open the door and lean inside and roll down the windows and wait for the hot air to go out?:D

This never struck me. Maybe because it is just so much of trouble and also possible due to i am blessed with sheltered parking wherever i go.

I have a Wagon R Vxi. It comes with power windows.

I always have my car in neutral when parked.

So its just switcing on the engine and pressing the power window controls to get the windows (front) down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 837265)
I have a Wagon R Vxi. It comes with power windows.

Thanks for telling that Bro. It was hilarious imagining you leaning.:uncontrol
Kidding.
Anyway I guess the Problem is with Compressor for sure. Go to your mechanic dont run your A/C like this. A/C of new cars is quite effective this shouldnt be a problem. Even my ten year old esteem's a/c works like a charm in Delhi heat after my mechanic spent whole day repairing it.

Thank you very much guys...Will take my car to office this friday and check this out. Even when parked in shelter when i switch on AC it should blow cold air right? So if this is possible, it means my AC is working fine right? I do get cold air when i park it in shade. So what do i conclude???

@jony - you idea is great, will try it next time.

I'm giving my car for second service this weekend ... will escalate this matter to them.

Ramki.

After parking under hot sun, when you get back to your car, rather than just rolling down the windows, open all the doors (and the hatch too, if possible). Keep it open for less than a minute. This drives out hot air much faster and more effectively. Agree that people around may wonder if you lost your brains :)

no one's mentioned this, but you could go to your friendly neighbourhood AC shop and have it checked - it might just require some refrigerant top up.... nothing serious.