Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 19:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Autocop Central Locking Issue

I have the inbuilt Nippon Security System which came with my 2010 Ritz VXi Genus(the same which comes in the ZXi version as well, buttons inbuilt in the key)
After i rear ended an innova last week(not a major incident, no dents but a hole in the bonnet due to the rear bull guard of the Innova ), I am facing issues with the central Locking
The issue that I am facing now is that on locking it beeps twice(Earlier it used to beep once), Also, on unlocking it beeps twice(same as earlier).
No problem with that, however, earlier the car used to auto lock when the speed used to cross 20 kmph which is not happening now.

Any fix to that
Old 16th March 2016, 20:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
I have the inbuilt Nippon Security System which came with my 2010 Ritz VXi Genus(the same which comes in the ZXi version as well, buttons inbuilt in the key)
After i rear ended an innova last week(not a major incident, no dents but a hole in the bonnet due to the rear bull guard of the Innova ), I am facing issues with the central Locking
The issue that I am facing now is that on locking it beeps twice(Earlier it used to beep once), Also, on unlocking it beeps twice(same as earlier).
No problem with that, however, earlier the car used to auto lock when the speed used to cross 20 kmph which is not happening now.

Any fix to that
Something must have gone wrong with your bonnets locking mechanism. Maybe the central locking switch itself at the bonnet may be damaged in the collision.

Usually when the bonnet / boot / hatch are not fully locked the Nippon OEM central locking in Maruti vehicles gives two chirps when locked. Even in this condition, the doors will be locked.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an dormant thread. Where do I get battery for Autocop remote? The battery is not the coin type but its more of AA/AAA type but smaller. I tried to search online but could not get it. Is there a shop in Bangalore where I can get it?
Old 6th June 2017, 20:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Reviving an dormant thread. Where do I get battery for Autocop remote? The battery is not the coin type but its more of AA/AAA type but smaller. I tried to search online but could not get it. Is there a shop in Bangalore where I can get it?
Search for car remote battery on google. I got several of them on ebay.in and saw GP brand was the most popular. Should cost around 200 INR.
Old 6th June 2017, 21:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Check in the mobile shops or shops which sell/service cameras. They normally have these kind of batteries. I had once replaced them in Marathalli couple of years back and not sure if the shop is still there. It was next to the SBI ATM near the signal on top of the underpass at the junction.
Old 7th September 2019, 19:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have an issue with my autocop, just wondering if anyone has faced the same or can help me diagnose the issue.

1) Suddenly, today morning the keyfob stopped opening the car doors and the alarm would not get disarmed from it. The light on the remote is working fine.
2) I got a new battery and the remote works, only if I take it close to the Autocop board under the steering wheel console.
3) I went to the service station and he thought the keyfob was the problem, he programmed a new one and that thing also works only if you take it closer to the autocob board under the steering wheel.

How comes the range has suddenly become so less? I mean, is there is a solution to this?
Old 7th September 2019, 19:31   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

If my memory serves me right, there is an adjustment possible via a screw in the autocop unit to improve range.

Do you remember what caused this change in range? Was the autocop unit disturbed for some job on the car?
Old 14th September 2019, 10:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If my memory serves me right, there is an adjustment possible via a screw in the autocop unit to improve range.

Do you remember what caused this change in range? Was the autocop unit disturbed for some job on the car?
Hey, Nothing was touched at all, one day it just stopped opening from outside. Oh I did not know about the screw, can you tell me a bit more?
Old 20th July 2020, 09:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.

Has anyone tried to reach Autocop customer care team recently? Last time I raised a complaint, their service was remarkably prompt. Now I am facing an issue with my car's central locking again and all my efforts to reach them through helpline nos., mobile app, emails and what not have gone in vain.

Last edited by self_driven : 20th July 2020 at 09:31.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 13:59   #40
BHPian

Car:

Alto LXi 2011.

Central Locking:

Autocop DX (Pics Attached)

The Situation:

I purchased the car pre-worshipped 4 years ago. The central locking was turned off by the previous owner however the remote was present in the glove box. Never bothered with it, but recently during a welding work which was carried out in the RHS door, I came to know that the complete mechanism for the central locking system was already installed and in place on all 4 doors. Took the car to an auto electrical expert and the guy simply connected the disconnected wires and the central locking came back to life. Just to be on the safer side, I got a wiring harness with fuse installed and the setup is running perfectly since more than a month now without any issues.

The Issue:

1. I just have 1 remote, as I got just one set of key while purchasing (the car belonged to a known person, he lost the other key. However that is not an issue.). 2. The remote is in a very pathetic condition physically, the chrome parts have all de-chromed with use.

The Query:

I am looking a cheap and easy solution to restore the remote, preferably replacing the outer shell of the same. The problem is, I am not able to find even the remote of this model anywhere online, leave alone the shell. I am not entirely comfortable with local locksmiths playing around with the key sensor and other stuff, like they show their magic in youtube videos by some bloggers I am however keen into going for a flip key in future, but that's not for sure for the time being.
Therefore, I want to keep using this setup for now with restoration if possible.

A workable solution would be highly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Autocop Central Locking Issue-img_20210414_131244_1.jpg  

Autocop Central Locking Issue-img_20210414_131313.jpg  

Old 25th June 2021, 21:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanzameendar View Post

Car:

Alto LXi 2011.

Central Locking:

Autocop DX (Pics Attached)

The Situation:

I purchased the car pre-worshipped 4 years ago. The central locking was turned off by the previous owner however the remote was present in the glove box. Never bothered with it, but recently during a welding work which was carried out in the RHS door, I came to know that the complete mechanism for the central locking system was already installed and in place on all 4 doors. Took the car to an auto electrical expert and the guy simply connected the disconnected wires and the central locking came back to life. Just to be on the safer side, I got a wiring harness with fuse installed and the setup is running perfectly since more than a month now without any issues.

The Issue:

1. I just have 1 remote, as I got just one set of key while purchasing (the car belonged to a known person, he lost the other key. However that is not an issue.). 2. The remote is in a very pathetic condition physically, the chrome parts have all de-chromed with use.

The Query:

I am looking a cheap and easy solution to restore the remote, preferably replacing the outer shell of the same. The problem is, I am not able to find even the remote of this model anywhere online, leave alone the shell. I am not entirely comfortable with local locksmiths playing around with the key sensor and other stuff, like they show their magic in Youtube videos by some bloggers I am however keen into going for a flip key in future, but that's not for sure for the time being.
Therefore, I want to keep using this setup for now with restoration if possible.

A workable solution would be highly appreciated.

]

I'd suggest you get in touch with Autocop itself. I had a remote replaced by their technicians just outside my house in under 10min. Charges are pretty nominal too. Google for contact details in your city/state or get in touch with a local car accessory shop.
Old 25th June 2021, 21:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
]

I'd suggest you get in touch with Autocop itself. I had a remote replaced by their technicians just outside my house in under 10min. Charges are pretty nominal too. Google for contact details in your city/state or get in touch with a local car accessory shop.
Hi!
Thank you for the suggestion. However the nearest autocop center is 250 kms away from my town. Also I broke the remote ring which attaches it to the keychain. Now i am forced to use it like a smart remote, lock/unlock & keep in it in the pocket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks